Thuringian Forest Ride

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
Last Thursday was a public holiday in Germany. We took the chance, to meet for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday, at a nice place for riding in eastern Germany, at the Thuringian Forest.

It's a little like the Black Forest, but overall not so high. However there is low traffic, many small winding roads, nice landscape and good food.

Here are some pictures, which I would like to share with you. Also I tried The Ferret Way to take pictures underway. Enjoy.

http://www.1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/180510_TWT/
 
Great pics. I swear DI and I ate at a place that looked just like that. Will have to dig thru pics. They made little animals out of your napkins. And there was a parking lot overlooking a vally or river or something. It was cool. Hope I made a note of the location.

Anyhow good job on the riding pics. Next time try following someone so you can get some " action" in your shots.
 
Great pictures, Django. Thanks.
 
What a beautiful place to ride! I'm envious...really love riding in Deutschland.

These pics make me smile!

573a859f7169a5eeb149d4da1ed02a40.jpg


41b78816a4318ef5fd34a3e6949f4157.jpg


9fdcb4335027154c2903938b430a7468.jpg


This trip is added to my bucket list for next time I'm in Stuttgart during riding season.
 
Thread starter
Stichill, I live in Filderstadt near Stuttgart. Let me known, when you're here. May be there would be some time for a ride.
 
Sounds good, guys! I will definitely let you know if I can manage to include some riding time on my next visit to the Stuttgart area! :thumbsup:
 
Django_imp said:
Last Thursday was a public holiday in Germany. We took the chance, to meet for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday, at a nice place for riding in eastern Germany, at the Thuringian Forest.

It's a little like the Black Forest, but overall not so high. However there is low traffic, many small winding roads, nice landscape and good food.

Here are some pictures, which I would like to share with you. Also I tried The Ferret Way to take pictures underway. Enjoy.

http://www.1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/180510_TWT/
How did you set up the pictures with thumb nails that can be opened to larger pictures?
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Last Thursday was a public holiday in Germany. We took the chance, to meet for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday, at a nice place for riding in eastern Germany, at the Thuringian Forest.

It's a little like the Black Forest, but overall not so high. However there is low traffic, many small winding roads, nice landscape and good food.

Here are some pictures, which I would like to share with you. Also I tried The Ferret Way to take pictures underway. Enjoy.

http://www.1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/180510_TWT/
How did you set up the pictures with thumb nails that can be opened to larger pictures?
That's at my own server. I load up the pictures and have a small script written by myself, which I run to generate an index page from the pictures automatically.
 
Django_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Last Thursday was a public holiday in Germany. We took the chance, to meet for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday, at a nice place for riding in eastern Germany, at the Thuringian Forest.

It's a little like the Black Forest, but overall not so high. However there is low traffic, many small winding roads, nice landscape and good food.

Here are some pictures, which I would like to share with you. Also I tried The Ferret Way to take pictures underway. Enjoy.

http://www.1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/180510_TWT/
How did you set up the pictures with thumb nails that can be opened to larger pictures?
That's at my own server. I load up the pictures and have a small script written by myself, which I run to generate an index page from the pictures automatically.
We are moving, so my Web Pages for Dummies book was headed for Value Village (a second hand store). I rescued it. Maybe when the dust has settled I will look to see what I can do on our club web site.
 
Back
Top