Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
....other than CB1100s.Guth_imp said:Ulv, it seems clear that what you really love is buying new motorcycles.
Lol, your post was relevant and thoughtful, can't ask for more! Especially in the middle of winter when we're all dreaming of riding or buying or something.:beerchug:LongRanger_imp said:Love the looks of the Thrux R with the factory fairing but am disappointed to hear of stalling issues. Early F800S/ST had the same issue. Does your seldom-ridden 700GS suffer too?
I placed a deposit on a silver Thrux R to replace my DLX but once I sat on the bike, I knew the ergos weren't going to work for me.
Sorry, I have nothing to contribute with respect to your original inquiry.
WOW...!Capo_imp said:I’ve got this. Having owned what was the first ThruxR in NJ for 2 1/2 years now, I can weigh in.
Simply, It’s my favorite bike. I’m not implying it will be yours, but all around, in a fleet of 12 bikes, it’s the one I cherish most. It’s a modern sporty road bike with retro flair, top drawer components, and a timeless style. It’s comfortable enough for an all day ride, ballsy enough for spirited twisties, and has buckets of that undefinable ‘character.’
It has been bulletproof, save for a recent recall for an ECU issue regarding stalling (mine is not so afflicted) and a spongy feel to the lever on the Brembo front brakes.
I’ve probably not put 500 miles on the CB this year, and with the Thrux and a Bonnie I use for local errands and the beach, I’ll prob use the CB as a trade in on my 60th birthday present...tbd. Happy to fill you in via PM on any specific Thrux questions.![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are very much mistaken, friend.Aussieflyer_imp said:Ulvetanna, VLJ, why all the talk ... a poofteenth lighter, a whisker more HP, a bees knacker steeper steering angle, will it slow me down enough, blah blah. Just go ride one of them, see how it makes you feel then make a decision and tell us about.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the forum isn't for seeking info, it most definitely is, but it seems like the discussion is almost always about the specifications of every motorcycle on the planet and which one to buy next. The conversation goes round in circles at record 'lap times'. Do you really need us to help you make a decision about which bike will stir your soul, i don't think so.
Yep, you're right, I don't have to read or contribute to the threads, but somewhere in all this I look forward to the stories from members who actually have a relationship with a bike, any bike, in 3D and not from a spec sheet.
Perhaps I'm the odd one out ... maybe it's time for me to take a break.

Good stuff, thank you! Yes, I do like the red.nhawk7504_imp said:I've only sat on the Thruxton and it felt ergonomically perfect for leaning forward a bit and not having the tail of the bike up in the clouds. I'd take one with a red tank. Also like the white tank. Each bike certainly is different. I've owned many sizes and makes myself. My friends asked why I didn't stick with one and it was simply because inexpensive bikes have their foibles, such as low geared 5 speed transmissions and bad suspension and seats which I did not have the money to fix at the time, so I just rode em and tried something else. I just rode the DUC Supersport and that is another Thruxton like machine. Really nice.
I did feel that my RED 2013 CB1100 was pretty fast.Cormanus_imp said:And red bikes go faster.![]()
