This is why wheel bearings are failing

1973cb750

Been there
Thread starter
with this amount of grease in the oem factory bearings no wonder people have had failures.

rOJWYAO.jpeg



7N97cDh.jpeg


3RJBa4o.jpeg






if you have never changed yours I recomend you do, if you can.  thats no grease I'll be inspecting the new oem honda ones and adding some grease tomorro if they need it putting on a 160 avon
 
This would be quite normal with many manufacturers, over packing a bearing with grease is not good for it. You can cause high temperatures and damage seals with all the extra friction. This was drummed into us when I was a Marine Engineering apprentice at 16 years old.
 
Thread starter
A smear would be one thing a pea sized dot is more than whats in these i have taken appart a lot of wheel bearings this is the least amount of grease i have seen in them period


the funny part is the same wheel opposite bearing had the normal amount in it
 
Back
Top