GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
...Marconi: "Hold my beer..."Csory_imp said:...Marconi: "Hold my beer..."Lord Popgun_imp said:Basically a spark gap transmitter.![]()
Tesla: "Marconi, bring me beer!"

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
...Marconi: "Hold my beer..."Csory_imp said:...Marconi: "Hold my beer..."Lord Popgun_imp said:Basically a spark gap transmitter.![]()

Hall-effect sensors behaviour will likely still be erratic.max_imp said:Csory is there a better point to sense the voltdrop ( like close to the "relay" or in the headlight unit ? ) and can you not try an external in-line filter close to that supply point to mittigate noise?
Or grab the supply from both front indicators ( orange and blue ) with two diodes, that should give a good rise and sink of several volts and still enough for the 5 or 3.3v on board regulator supply since they are on low all the time.

Thanks Cormanus - the ST2 is the one from Slovenia.Cormanus_imp said:This one ... Home - Ride Chronicles
Looking at a review on YouTube, it looks as though you have to insert two tiny foam buffers within the handlebar switch that prevent the switch latching to either left or right. This allows the unit's electronics to control the "off" point.Csory_imp said:Cormanus: thanks for the link! Not being able to download an installation manual I can only guess how the device copes with the mechanically locked nature of the original turn signal switch. (My guess: it doesn't...) I.e. one will still have to manually cancel the signal by pressing the button, and only after that can be used again for the same direction. Manufacturers should really replace these locking switches with pushbuttons and go with fully electronic "blinker relays"...
Hahh, foam buffers! So they turn it into two pushbuttons in the end... Got it.Bazbro_imp said:Looking at a review on YouTube, it looks as though you have to insert two tiny foam buffers within the handlebar switch that prevent the switch latching to either left or right. This allows the unit's electronics to control the "off" point.Csory_imp said:Cormanus: thanks for the link! Not being able to download an installation manual I can only guess how the device copes with the mechanically locked nature of the original turn signal switch. (My guess: it doesn't...) I.e. one will still have to manually cancel the signal by pressing the button, and only after that can be used again for the same direction. Manufacturers should really replace these locking switches with pushbuttons and go with fully electronic "blinker relays"...
My concern exactly... There are scenarios when you'd rather NOT want it to be self-cancelling. Same with cars: maneuvering around in parking lots, traffic circles etc. requires (sometimes more than once) re-switching of the turn indicators.Chuckk_imp said:I'll tell you, I really like my beeper system.. simple to install .. just find the right spot to attach the beeper.. I am a little hard of hearing, so I mounted it on the handlebars.. I had self cancelling ones on many of my goldwings.. when I would exit a freeway, I would turn my signal on a little early to give drivers more of a notice because of the speed we were traveling at.. the exit I take often, has to be exited from the fast lane, the offramp is to the left... the self cancelling ones needed to be activated more than once seeing they would shut off prematurely ..
.![]()


Hey Chuckk,Chuckk_imp said:the thought arises.. God !! how long have I been riding with that thing on ..![]()
Looks like the Kickstarter Special will be gone maybe by the time the next person reads this.Chuckk_imp said:wow !! .. how trick !!
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...df997403c2153c1b20db9887bd3d33d95576df3f9e994GoldOxide_imp said: