thinking about selling my 14 DLX

ss2wheels_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hi all, don't post much anymore and really don't ride much anymore but when I do ride I am much more comfortable on my HD Switchback, weak back! I love my CB so I have very mixed feelings about letting her go. My Dlx is pristine with about 4k miles and a few nice xtras, what would be a fair price to ask for it. I am looking for your thoughts..Thanks..Steve..
 
$2000 , I'll take it!

Seriously sorry to hear you are selling Steve, but i understand. Someone will get a very nice well taken care of motorcycle.
 
Sorry to hear you need to sell. I'm unfamiliar with the motorcycle market in SC, but around here I'd probably start at about $7000 and go from there.
 
Like Ferret, I'm sorry to hear your selling, ss2wheels, but there's no point hanging on to it if you're not riding it. Good luck with the sale. I'd be looking at other second DLXs in your market and working something out from there.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys, like I said I don't have to sell but it just sits clean in the garage,kind of a shame really. I think I will hold through winter and see how I feel in the spring. Thanks again for your input....
 
The best time to sell a motorcycle is always in the spring anyway.
 
What are the few nice extras?
There's been one on Cycletrader for a good while -- $8500 with about 500 miles, still under warranty until October 2017. Factory heated grips added.
 
I can personally attest that there is no cleaner DLX in the country! Steve I hope you get to feeling better and will hang on to your CB however, your bike should bring top dollar if you decide to sell. Take care my friend.
 
powerdogg11_imp said:
I can personally attest that there is no cleaner DLX in the country! Steve I hope you get to feeling better and will hang on to your CB however, your bike should bring top dollar if you decide to sell. Take care my friend.
I just heard the gnashing of ride4now's teeth and the slosh of detailing fluids from the other side of the ocean!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Like Ferret, I'm sorry to hear your selling, ss2wheels, but there's no point hanging on to it if you're not riding it. Good luck with the sale. I'd be looking at other second DLXs in your market and working something out from there.
I'm going to suggest that Cormanus buy the bike at a very low cost and store it at ss2wheels' home for when he's in the States. In exchange for the low cost, ss2wheels has full use of the bike when Cormanus is not around.
 
Well, I can tell you my fenders look no less shiny than they did when I bought my dlx in March.

Hey, we may be onto a whole new thread here reference clean bikes. We won't need to worry about ferret jumping in on this one though (unless, of course, it's the vernal equinox after the second new moon near its lunar apex, times the square root, divided by the mileage on his ST and he actually washed it. :-) My pic is a stock photo taken by kballow when I bought it from him.
e57e022fbdebc73cef2414a904de45a7.jpg
 
:rofl: I have never even LOOKED up under my rear fender. Supposed to be shiny huh? I'll be darned.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Like Ferret, I'm sorry to hear your selling, ss2wheels, but there's no point hanging on to it if you're not riding it. Good luck with the sale. I'd be looking at other second DLXs in your market and working something out from there.
I'm going to suggest that Cormanus buy the bike at a very low cost and store it at ss2wheels' home for when he's in the States. In exchange for the low cost, ss2wheels has full use of the bike when Cormanus is not around.
I'm going to suggest that Cormanus buy the bike at a very low cost and store it at ss2wheels' home for when he's in the States. In exchange for the low cost, ss2wheels has full use of the bike when Cormanus is not around.
I thought it was a good idea, MTC. I even managed to persuade my wife that it had merit. Then I emailed the bank manager. Her response? I quote:

Quote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry, Steve.
 
Back
Top