They say patience is a virtue

Knave_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery on Saturday of my new leftover 2014 CB1100. The extended forecast doesn't look good for many opportunities to take it out for it's first spin. I guess I can use the time to put the adjustable foot pegs and Airhawk on it and perhaps a coating of wax and polish.

Come on spring!
 
Come on spring indeed!
My '14 is ready to go if we ever get a break from the weather.
But it will come - it always does :D
 
Around here, it's come on Summer! Spring teases us with occasional mild temperatures which are then interrupted with nasty cold fronts and snow storms. It was mild enough last weekend to get in a 250 mile day, but heavy rain and big snow is forecast for this coming weekend. Rats.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Come on spring indeed!
My '14 is ready to go if we ever get a break from the weather.
But it will come - it always does :D
for the low low one-time fee of some heated grips and a good jacket, you can ride all year round. don't let a silly thing like the immutable forces of nature stop you from enjoying your CB. :biker:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Around here, it's come on Summer! Spring teases us with occasional mild temperatures which are then interrupted with nasty cold fronts and snow storms. It was mild enough last weekend to get in a 250 mile day, but heavy rain and big snow is forecast for this coming weekend. Rats.
Yep, a bit of weather arriving.
In Aurora, CO, visiting daughter #2/granddaughter #13...leaving to go back to Las Vegas at 4 AM, tomorrow, hopefully before traffic.
No complaints about traveling in a 4WD truck, this trip.
Really strong winds across Utah, Monday...huge dust storm approaching Green River on I 70.
Tail winds good for MPG, but were strong headwinds, blowing gravel, between Vail and Vail summit on Tue.
Lots of tree branches on the ground in the Denver area.

Not much protection from heated grips or windshield for that type of weather.
 
Doc, you'll have zero traffic at 4:00 AM. Or at 6:00 AM for that matter. Give me a wave when you pass Exit 252 Evergreen Parkway on I-70!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Doc, you'll have zero traffic at 4:00 AM. Or at 6:00 AM for that matter. Give me a wave when you pass Exit 252 Evergreen Parkway on I-70!
Highway 74 is a scenic route!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Doc, you'll have zero traffic at 4:00 AM. Or at 6:00 AM for that matter. Give me a wave when you pass Exit 252 Evergreen Parkway on I-70!
Rather dark at 4:27 AM, but we waved!
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Come on spring indeed!
My '14 is ready to go if we ever get a break from the weather.
But it will come - it always does :D
for the low low one-time fee of some heated grips and a good jacket, you can ride all year round. don't let a silly thing like the immutable forces of nature stop you from enjoying your CB. :biker:
for the low low one-time fee of some heated grips and a good jacket, you can ride all year round. don't let a silly thing like the immutable forces of nature stop you from enjoying your CB. :biker:
I think you may be over estimating the powers of heated hand grips and a good jacket, I'm afraid they don't help a whole lot when there is 4' of snow, blizzards with white outs and the ice covered roads that are constant from Dec-Jan. Some days you can't even snowmobile it's so bad.
 
Banned_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Come on spring indeed!
My '14 is ready to go if we ever get a break from the weather.
But it will come - it always does :D
for the low low one-time fee of some heated grips and a good jacket, you can ride all year round. don't let a silly thing like the immutable forces of nature stop you from enjoying your CB. :biker:
for the low low one-time fee of some heated grips and a good jacket, you can ride all year round. don't let a silly thing like the immutable forces of nature stop you from enjoying your CB. :biker:
I think you may be over estimating the powers of heated hand grips and a good jacket, I'm afraid they don't help a whole lot when there is 4' of snow, blizzards with white outs and the ice covered roads that are constant from Dec-Jan. Some days you can't even snowmobile it's so bad.
I think Mr. Pro. was be facetious!
Without a windshield (had not heard of heated grips, back then), I rode 4,000 miles in 3 months in New Jersey, Feb-Apr: Rain, snow, ice.
But that was 1967 and I was much crazier back then!
Now, I am a fair weather rider, at least in regards to precipitation.
 
I used to ride right up until the first snowfall before putting my bike away for the winter until one day in Nov '96, it was nice when I rode to work but a snow storm hit partway through the day. The ride home in 4" snow really sucked, I rode the whole way in 1st gear with both feet dragging on the ground.

I also once got hypothermia riding too late in the year. I don't remember the last 45 minutes of my ride and woke up the next morning on my living room floor covered in blankets, how I managed that I'll never know.

I'm much more "weather aware" now.
 
Back
Top