There are two types of bikers....

silascopathic_imp

Been there
Thread starter
SOOOOOOOOO...

i was gonna take videos but life happens. Yesterday my friend and I went looking at moto guzzi V7s (he wanted one). While we were test driving. we went around a roundabout and both hit a slick spot of oily asphalt and both went down. :(


****ty news:
-lotsa damage to the moto guzzi (all easily replaceable)

-about $700 in damage to my bike.


Great news:
-My buddy bought the moto guzzi and had them replace the parts that were broken with new after market parts he wanted anyway!

-my bike looks like nothing happened at all. seriously. The brunt of the impact and ultimately the most costly piece to replace was the aluminum cowl. The clutch cover on the side needed replacement too. there was mirror damage. (replaced that already) but my new wheels were not touched and the new exhaust wasnt touched. i did get a scratch in my tank, but it was through one of the silver stripes. it never made it through the red paint underneath. not even a dent. I AM LUCKY. Obviously I went down on my left side. lots of road rash on my arm, but i'll survive.


[url=http://s561.photobucket.com/user/SIGFREAK239/media/0BD9BD8A-B3AC-4C1E-BEA0-4DEF92815DA5-6070-0000009FBA54CD5B.jpg.html]




Any way that morning i had a chance to install the posh signals on the rear and they look great!

[url=http://s561.photobucket.com/user/SIGFREAK239/media/4C9BB3DF-2DC2-4167-AFB7-7C0368F5956B-6070-0000009F9A9A2721.jpg.html]
[url=http://s561.photobucket.com/user/SIGFREAK239/media/D1DF2CDC-8D59-4391-B148-1E4B0FE10D98-6070-0000009F9F179D6E.jpg.html]
[url=http://s561.photobucket.com/user/SIGFREAK239/media/90CBAD76-9725-40B5-ACF6-E100E6BB7596-6070-0000009FA380FEC7.jpg.html]
[url=http://s561.photobucket.com/user/SIGFREAK239/media/F338BFEB-22C9-449C-A009-EF675936A61B-6070-0000009FAA2E1556.jpg.html]
i also had a chance to plasti dip the side covers and i love it! i ordered matte black vinyl to do them in. I was just testing with the plasti dip.

i also put on a side mount plate kit (pictures to come) my old plate light is bright enough that you can still see the plate lit! (again i'll post stuff soon.)


i promise, videos to come....
 
Thread starter
Yea it did. The first thing I did when I got to my feet was lift the bike up. I was surprised that I could lift it although it may have been adrenaline. It sucks we never saw it coming. It was just hot enough for our tires to be a little sticky and then in combination with the oily patch ... Womp womp
 
I read the title and that's the first thing my dad told me about motorcycles when he bought me a 1978 honda trail bike when I was 12!
Glad the damage was minimal to the bike and more importantly you.
 
Major bummer. Hope you heal fast.

Way back when I was in the Navy I hit a slick spot in a corner and went down on a Suzuki GT750 water buffalo. Two weeks later, it was not only 100% repaired but I treated myself to some raised white letter high performace tires and some other goodies.

I have a feeling your bike will be fully restored and then some before your road rash is cleared up.
 
Damn! Lucky it was low speed and everything was fairly minor. Close one!

The black side covers look good on your bike. Now you should consider case savers.......:rolleyes:
 
Dang Buddy! That sux. Glad it wasn't any worse. I haven't had road rash in many years but its still fresh on my mind as to what it felt like. Sorry to hear this. Hope you heal fast. The side covers look great. So do the Posh ts. Be faithful about tending to your rash n it'll heal quicker. Let me know if yo need anything.
 
Following a little too close were we?

Ok Let me get this straight, you let your buddy test ride your CB, and he STILL bought he Guzzi? ( just messing with rboe).

Bummer man, but mc parts are easier to fix than body parts. If that's your only trip on the tarmac you got lucky.

Heal fast...buy new parts
 
Thread starter
Naw we hit a slick oily spot in a roundabout . It's sucked. Yep. I hear ya. That's why in less than 2 weeks this will be nothing more than a small scratch on my tank
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Major bummer. Hope you heal fast.

Way back when I was in the Navy I hit a slick spot in a corner and went down on a Suzuki GT750 water buffalo. Two weeks later, it was not only 100% repaired but I treated myself to some raised white letter high performace tires and some other goodies.

I have a feeling your bike will be fully restored and then some before your road rash is cleared up.
yep you said it! all replacement parts are either on the bike or ordered already. i'm not gonna miss a beat! stupid oil slick
FUZZY_imp said:
Dang Buddy! That sux. Glad it wasn't any worse. I haven't had road rash in many years but its still fresh on my mind as to what it felt like. Sorry to hear this. Hope you heal fast. The side covers look great. So do the Posh ts. Be faithful about tending to your rash n it'll heal quicker. Let me know if yo need anything.
Thanks Fuzzy, yea this road rash sucks a lot. actually the entire left side of my body hurts like hell.

oh well, i'll be healed before i know it.
 
What is "Plasti-Dip?" The name is pretty descriptive I guess, but I've never heard of it before. Is that a brand name, or a generic product name made by various manufacturers?
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
What is "Plasti-Dip?" The name is pretty descriptive I guess, but I've never heard of it before. Is that a brand name, or a generic product name made by various manufacturers?
Its a brand name. You can find it in lowes or home depot near the epoxies.

it creates a rubberized coating that you can peel off once you don't like it anymore.
 
Sorry to see , you already put a lot work into your bike. Hope the rash heals fast. Last low side my gear helped but caught
my foot under the PC800 and was on crutches for weeks.
 
Got to love the plasti-dip! Coated several tools and some rare earth magnets to mount on the bottom of the scooters to help trigger those in the ground coils for red lights. Strong enough magnets and those things think your a car!

Sorry to hijack...

Hope the rash heals fast!
 
Hope you get well fast! Maybe you can use the time to buy new riding gear. Good excuse if you needed one :)
 
Back
Top