Rebel73_imp
Been there
I'm partial to side covers matching other body parts, so glad that my DLX came that way!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Stop giving me ideas!Flynrider_imp said:I initially liked the silver side covers, but as time went on I realized they didn't do it for me. The red Force Design covers interested me, but when I found I could get 'em with a matching tank stripe, I was sold!
![]()
The other thing I didn't care for was the plastic chain guard. With all the shiny chrome all over this bike, the plastic guard just didn't fit in with the overall look. The Plot chain guard from Samurider did the trick.
![]()

Been there... STILL thereride4now_imp said:I didn't like the Silver side covers, the stainless headers, the 4 into one pipes, and lastly the 5 speed transmission.
So why did I buy it? Because when I first noticed it in one of the mags back in 2012, I just had to have it. It was my chance to get that 4 cylinder air cooled Honda that I never owned in the 70's. So I kept it for a year and enjoyed it, but when the 14 Deluxe came out with all of its changes...Man, I HAD to have it. So... I did something I've never done... I ordered the 14 without even seeing one in person and also took a big $$$ hit on the 13. I'm normally quite frugal... but this time I didn't care. It was, and still is , love at first sight!!

What??? There are such things as red RLETs? Oh my! Where?Guth_imp said:It should come as no surprise to anyone who has been around this forum for a while that I dig the 2013 CB1100 pretty much just the way Honda shipped 'em to the US. Silver side covers included. I'll admit to being really tempted by the gloss black side covers (giving the bike more of the look of the '76 and '77 CB400F) and I think the "color-matching" side panels look good as well. But I like the fact that the silver side panels are the CB1100's "thing". While not really the same as those sported by the prototype bike I drooled over all those years ago, it's still a nice carryover. I also really like the shape of the 2013 (and earlier) side panels that don't cover up any of the frame. It's just a cleaner, leaner look all around. (The CB400F also shared this look).
The only thing I've installed on my CB1100 purely for visual reasons are the chrome gauge covers. It's doubtful that I'll change back to the original look, but you never know. If I were to install a flyscreen/windscreen/fairing of any sort, I'd have to say that Chip's photo makes a really strong visual argument for me personally. Very nice.
Now I suppose it might be fun to swap the silver side panels out for a gloss black set on occasion. But that could be a slippery slope. The next thing you know I'll be looking for a set of red RLETs just to change things up. Egads.