The Wishbone-Equipped CB1100

geealou no thanks. But it does show you Honda's faith in the CB 1100.
 
Well....that is.... something...


I can't say anything until I see it on a put together bike...and even then may need to ride it.

Kinda like a Tesla...I am in no rush to jump on something that could get to the point that I will have no other choice so for now will enjoy old school while I can.
 
It's just ugly.
Also, performancewise, I don't see how getting steering forces going through all that (see "items" 111-61-112) could give any good feedback while riding.

There are much simpler solutions that would work better.
 
If that happens, there will be no longer classic CB1100 :(.
I keep mine as long as possible.
 
It is a game changer on the new Goldwing. Smooth riding like never before. I’d love to see it and demo a CB1100 with this setup.
 
I saw a guy yesterday on the BRP with the wish bone front , look very nice on his gold wing in silver paint and he loved it . I think that it would look terrible on a CB 1100.
 
Bighonda14_imp said:
It is a game changer on the new Goldwing. Smooth riding like never before. I’d love to see it and demo a CB1100 with this setup.
But on the GW it is different set-up:
At Last! A Mainstream Motorcycle Without A Telescopic Fork

The steering on the GW goes trough 2 "push-pull" links. On the "CB that doesn't exist", the steering goes through a mechanism that will work in bending.

The GW design seems very light, and the loads are transfered as they should: traction and compression. On the CB, there are too many parts, seems like too much weight (steering inertia: can feel stable, but also heavy), and as it works in bending, it will be way more flexible/compliant than the GW desing.

[edit]
I also think the "bmw telelever" design is much cleaner, mechanically better, and in terms of suspension kinematics it can be almost as good as the honda's double wishbone but using a single arm,
[end edit]

On another note: I think this spoils the spirit of simplicity that I associate to UJMs
 
don't be too blinded by part nr 166b at the CB study in this case it looks a little bulky the basic components are the same........well the space is just another at gw

but

generally it shows how innovative honda is....:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top