the view from my lollipops

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm 5'6 170 pounds, wear a size large jacket, large helmet, and this is the view I have out of my stock mirrors. Looked in the mirror and just brought the camera up to my eye to capture these views. Just a sliver of each arm in the mirrors and a pretty good field of view behind me.

Left
73806baa2ed3099076991bb7ac1067ae.jpg


Right
a3fc7e000bb227972bb3958e063174db.jpg


This is exactly what I see when riding.

Do you guys who are not happy about the view out of the stock mirrors NOT see this much? Just curious.
 
I picked up some

KiWAV Magazi Black rectangular mirrors motorcycle sportster bobber cruiser street naked road bike

mirrors on Amazon. They look fantastic, much better than the lollipops, IMO. The convex glass gives me a better field of vision.
 
I see a lot less elbow personally. i'm 6'1", but not as wide as a lot of guys my height, i also don't wear the most bulky gear unless it's the middle of winter.

That said, I'm still considering switching to Bar ends.
 
I don't see even remotely close to that.

My FOV would be about the yellow line on the left and the skid mark on the right.
 
Hi Ferret, I'm a little wider, but that's about the same view that I have. Haven't honestly had a real complaint about the stock mirrors. I've seen a few rectangular ones on the Forum that I liked the looks of, but... then I'm torn about getting away from the "stock look". In the end, stock has won out for me. But, if I thought they presented a danger by limiting FOV, I'd switch.
 
I like the retro look and quality on my bike and will keep the stock mirrors even though i do need to lean one way or the other for full view.
no biggie , even need a mirror to see if i have a belt on in the mornings .... :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Banned_imp said:
I don't see even remotely close to that.

My FOV would be about the yellow line on the left and the skid mark on the right.
W/R have you tried adjusting them? Loosening the lock nuts and swinging them out further forward? Sounds like they are too close to you.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
I don't see even remotely close to that.

My FOV would be about the yellow line on the left and the skid mark on the right.
W/R have you tried adjusting them? Loosening the lock nuts and swinging them out further forward? Sounds like they are too close to you.
W/R have you tried adjusting them? Loosening the lock nuts and swinging them out further forward? Sounds like they are too close to you.
I'll have a look but I haven't owned a bike yet that I could see behind me without moving my elbows.
 
After adding MotoWerk mirror extenders, I see what Ferret does. I am 6'2" and weigh around 225 pounds when I remove my Bristol leather jacket at a food stop.
 
I am quite a bit bigger than Ferrett and that is the reason I always put the longer stem Honda CBX mirrors on ALL my bikes in the past and now on the CB 1100.
They fit perfectly and you can put them left or right, they are only available in black from the 79 and 80 CBX.
 
I'm 6'1" (or at least was at one time) and 160 lbs. and wear a (bulky) Aerostitch Roadcrafter 1-piece suit when riding my 2017 CB1100. The mirrors are perfect for me. No obstruction whatever to my field of vision.
 
Ferret,
I am "your" size and have to say that 2013 had an inch taller mirrors and perhaps slightly larger diameter = better total than 2014 model...but I am getting used to a new set up...no complaints:biker:

pb
 
I'm a very wide guy and there was no way adjusting the stock mirrors was going to fix the problem. My view was similar to what W/R described, until I added the SW Motech mirror extenders. Now I have full vision in the mirrors! Best money I've spent on my CB1100 so far.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 5'6 170 pounds, wear a size large jacket, large helmet, and this is the view I have out of my stock mirrors. Looked in the mirror and just brought the camera up to my eye to capture these views. Just a sliver of each arm in the mirrors and a pretty good field of view behind me.

Left
73806baa2ed3099076991bb7ac1067ae.jpg


Right
a3fc7e000bb227972bb3958e063174db.jpg


This is exactly what I see when riding.

Do you guys who are not happy about the view out of the stock mirrors NOT see this much? Just curious.
I get the same view as you do. If they were black instead of chrome, I'd wouldn't be looking for a replacement.
 
My last 2 bikes were Kawi 250 ninja & Kawi 1600 classic. I felt both those had excellent mirrors. As soon as I started riding the 13' CB I felt the mirrors were too small in diameter. Rear view was OK but just. I'd like to see another 1" more in diameter. My 2 cents worth....Lou A
 
I'm a 6'0" and 200 lbs. I have my stock mirrors adjusted to give the exact field of view as Ferret's. But, I have long legs and a short torso, so I'm probably about the same height in the saddle as someone a few inches shorter.
 
I just blew £12 on Amazon and got some angled black mirror extenders on my 2017MY EX. These manage to clear the Oxford heated grips cables which the flat style probably would not of. They compromise the lines a tiny bit but the extra visibility is welcome. I might have to spray over the branding at some stage but hey-ho.

 
Back
Top