The video that runs in my head when I hear a loud motorcycle

I do stop to listen when I hear a four cylinder taching it out waiting to see how well they can shift is that weird? Lol
 
Enjoyed that. Got to admit every time I hear something interesting coming up the road or flying overhead I stop what I’m doing and run outside to see. I live on a bend so stuff has to slow down and then accelerate away. We occasionally get a big 60’s/70’s American full size saloon like a Buick or similar going past, there’s a few dotted about because they appear at local car shows in the Summer and I recognize them straight away. Wife says NO I can’t have one and she does mean it. So. Moving on. Every September we have a (farm) tractor rally at a local Agricultural show and it’s usually maybe 25-35 vintage tractors in a long continuous convoy that do a sort of 10 mile loop around the villages. Some people dress up, top hat silk scarf, others in flat cap and boiler suit, some pull trailers with families and children waving on the back. It’s terrific. Sounds, smells, laughter. If I can find a Fordson Dexta at the right price I might even get one. When I was a teenager growing up in Wales I used to help out on a sheep farm and they had one. Blue body orange wheels. Happy days indeed.
 
Pretty funny vid, but there's a limit to how much of that noise a person can take. My fave taco shack in HB is on PCH, and there's a constant stream of uncorked Harleys going by, and when there's more than just one, which is most of the time, they have to compete with one another to see who's the loudest.
 
LOL Hilarious. Yes, most of us think that the whole world is stopping to watch us with envy as we ride past. Now, if we could get them to actually do that when they're out in their cares, we'd probably save lives.

Thanks again for posting.
 
Thread starter
The video reminded me of my ride on Saturday. I was on the freeway, headed home, and found myself behind a late-model Jaguar sedan with two Golden Retrievers in the back seat. Both dogs had their faces pressed into the back window of the car, and looked like they were barking their heads off at me.

So, I changed lanes and backed off a bit, but the driver slowed down to get beside me. It appeared that he wanted to check out my bike. Mind you, we were both going about 65 mph. Now, the dogs had both pressed their faces into the rear right window of the car, and based on how much the window was fogging up, were still very excited about me. There was, what appeared to be, a heated discussion between the driver and passenger in the front seat. Probably along the lines of "Dear, I know you want to see the motorcycle, but the dogs are tearing up the back seat."

I pictured the dogs as being the guys in the video... "Wow, a motorcycle! Where do you thing he's going?! This is so cool... I gotta call my mom!!"
 
Funny. My first thought when the neighborhood Harleys fire up or ride by my house is "Get a Real Motorcycle Buddy" :)
 
Mr bflint, do you mean “Get a Real Motorcycle Buddy” or “Get a Real Motorcycle, Buddy”? The end result may be quite different.
 
For a particular brand, typically the first thought that comes to mind is, " ... that's not how it came out of the factory ... ". :dodgy:
 
In my neighborhood, a lot of people walk their dog, and I see the same ones all the time. There is one in particular, some kind of terrier mix, you know the kind, fuzzy faced little noise machines. When I go by on the bike, this little critter seems to take it as a personal affront, and starts spinning in circles, jumping up and down, jerking at the leash, yapping his fool head off. I've found that if I throw a few revs, that gets him really going. I don't always do it, but it is funny, in a sad sort of way.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, me too. When I'm coming home, almost everyone is out walking their dogs for the evening. We're in a tight condo complex with narrow streets and no sidewalks. Best I can do is to keep my revs low and roll through slowly. Almost everyone is too busy staring at their phones to pay attention to their dogs, and at least one will get away from its owner and try to chase me.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah, me too. When I'm coming home, almost everyone is out walking their dogs for the evening. We're in a tight condo complex with narrow streets and no sidewalks. Best I can do is to keep my revs low and roll through slowly. Almost everyone is too busy staring at their phones to pay attention to their dogs, and at least one will get away from its owner and try to chase me.
So sad truths you speak Gin60.
 
Rich, rich, rich. *sigh* Didn't you get the memo? When it comes to exhausts it is not possible to confound prejudice with fact or logic. :P
 
You can hear a loud motorcycle coming up from behind you, you're just not sure where it is.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You can hear a loud motorcycle coming up from behind you, you're just not sure where it is.
Yeah, certainly can force the rider to check their mirrors (" ... like, where are they? ... "), but half the times you still can't see them anyway.
 
Back
Top