Do we care about cost when it comes to our beloved CB/s. Probably not. But it struck me when I added 1 + 1, and figured how motocycle tires (as a specialty market) compare to car tires (none S.U.V, or high speed, or trucks).
What are the factors ?
- changing a tire is much more work, in part. in the back,
- tires are relatively expensive,
- and they don't last as long,
- and any reasonable rider will not take risks w.r.t. wear and age, while this is less a factor for cars.
My rough guess for cost per mile ? One set of m/c tires is are at least 6 times more expensive (all factors included the fact that cars have 4 wheels is accounted for) than in cars.
Nothing new here, I suppose, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
What are the factors ?
- changing a tire is much more work, in part. in the back,
- tires are relatively expensive,
- and they don't last as long,
- and any reasonable rider will not take risks w.r.t. wear and age, while this is less a factor for cars.
My rough guess for cost per mile ? One set of m/c tires is are at least 6 times more expensive (all factors included the fact that cars have 4 wheels is accounted for) than in cars.
Nothing new here, I suppose, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.



