The transformation of my CB

Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I hope you're going to repaint the tank and the fairing in Ural green. :P
My wife was commenting I should paint the ammo cans black to match the bike. I'm leaning on that route at the moment because the green on these cans is a dark forest green more than OD green. I will see if I can get them to fade first.
 
Thread starter
I put everything back together tonight with the factory turn signals while I wait on new ones and some wiring bits that I ordered.

71d7842d8d6ec5212a7a82e5a1797a3a.jpg
 
Thread starter
Came home to a good surprise.

4323bb6e1cd380ebae7b4c151177743b.jpg

Took the rear fender and factory turn signals off again. With a little paint, the new brackets were remounted with the new turn signals.

d03e62f044eb406949789bcb0a9643f4.jpg


Next, routing wires under the taillight and into the fender. One new half inch hole drilled in the fender with a grommet to bring the wires under the seat.

0c9229074bac145226f1384c0c7c45ac.jpg


73804c15446424b87c79ea3a4105a742.jpg


fbe82ea9b8b2c07684ad41994811e307.jpg


a5a9b62774fcc0450148060a1d3b8752.jpg


7d568278bc603147ebb8049daa8b53d1.jpg

Extra 3/8 indinch holes were drilled in the plastic piece for routing wires.

After that, the new assembly is reinstalled on the bike.

8481af4bd5cee56957dc2017b80a15b1.jpg


b5831eb78ffe1b08e47dbfb9796ca72c.jpg


b59e0940c353619f06d65c72c4c12d90.jpg

Next will be wiring. I just ran out of time and energy to finish it up tonight.
 
Thread starter
Thread starter
Everything is hooked up and working now.

 
Hey.... They flash! Cool They look pretty bright.
 
Thread starter
They are nice and bright. Should be very visible.
 
Kenny, what is the distance between the lights? Say center to center of the lens.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Kenny, what is the distance between the lights? Say center to center of the lens.
About 10.8" on the center of the taillights. 12.5" to the outside edges.

f31c5aeed4c74fc085ce37a34c2607ce.jpg


b2591ee608c15dde12e221c30b994c80.jpg
 
Thank you Kenney. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Are you looking at something similar?
 
No, just looking at yours. I'm ok with stock right now, but you never know and I like your design.
 
What model and of Corbin is that? Look really comfy ! Also, what make topbox? I have the oem rack so that would work on mine.
 
Thanks, I will check that out. What model is the seat? I have looked at the Corbin website and the only seat they show for the 1100 doesn't look as wide as yours. Is it as comfy as it looks?
 
Thread starter
As far as I know, this is the standard Corbin seat with red leather side panels. I bought it used so I'm not sure.
 
Would you recommend it? Better than the factory seat? I am 6'2 and the factory seat pushes me into the tank. I need something that lets me sit farther back and has more comfort.
 
lash_imp said:
Would you recommend it? Better than the factory seat? I am 6'2 and the factory seat pushes me into the tank. I need something that lets me sit farther back and has more comfort.
See my review of the Custom 1/2" Taller Corbin...sounds like something you would like. I'm 6'-1" and it made a huge improvement for me:

Higher Corbin Seat
 
Back
Top