kennyw
Road warrior
Thread starter
I started out by by randomly buying a CB750C this spring. It was a good bike but ended up needing more attention than I had time for. This lead me to notice the new CB1100 when I went liking for a newer bike with fuel injection and ABS.
After a little number crunching I brought home a used twin of the new one I test rode.
The new bike was so much nicer to ride than a 30 year old bike with bad brakes. But I didn't have a way to carry stuff and keep it dry yet. I attempted to fit the rack of of the old bike as a temp fix but it didn't work out. [Link to be added later] This left me riding with a tank bag only to start with. It got the job done but didn't keep everything dry in heavy rain.
My first real mod came in with ordering replacement mirrors from a CB500F. [Link to be added later] They are lower and slightly wider than the crome mirrors yet still OEM Honda parts for a great fit and finish.
Next up was a cheap and easy mod. Metalmaven's license plate bracket to clean up the rear fender. [Link to be added later]
Next I purchased a used Tiros-K seat as I find the stock seat uncomfortable after 45 minutes.
This seat was far more comfortable on my commute because it was taller and wider than stock for more support.
A rear rack also arrived around the same time as the seat. However, the hardware kit escaped the package in route. I managed to scrounge up everything I needed at a decent hardware store while the store I purchased the rack from tracked down replacements.
Of course I added the top box immediately after that as I was reusing it off of the old bike.
After a little number crunching I brought home a used twin of the new one I test rode.
The new bike was so much nicer to ride than a 30 year old bike with bad brakes. But I didn't have a way to carry stuff and keep it dry yet. I attempted to fit the rack of of the old bike as a temp fix but it didn't work out. [Link to be added later] This left me riding with a tank bag only to start with. It got the job done but didn't keep everything dry in heavy rain.
My first real mod came in with ordering replacement mirrors from a CB500F. [Link to be added later] They are lower and slightly wider than the crome mirrors yet still OEM Honda parts for a great fit and finish.
Next up was a cheap and easy mod. Metalmaven's license plate bracket to clean up the rear fender. [Link to be added later]
Next I purchased a used Tiros-K seat as I find the stock seat uncomfortable after 45 minutes.
This seat was far more comfortable on my commute because it was taller and wider than stock for more support.
A rear rack also arrived around the same time as the seat. However, the hardware kit escaped the package in route. I managed to scrounge up everything I needed at a decent hardware store while the store I purchased the rack from tracked down replacements.
Of course I added the top box immediately after that as I was reusing it off of the old bike.

