The scooter and the mini van

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Yesterday my brother and I rode down to Portsmouth Ohio to meet up with Mtneers for lunch at the Scioto Ribber aka "Ribbers". They make an awesome 16 oz Ribeye steak cooked over a wood grill. As my son says "Ribbers, never dissapoints".

27272e8b45bd244f46d5e8887b13552f.jpg


a9dcd40f0d009abd76cf7a83f2448201.jpg


I've taken other forum members there as well, and reported on it before.

Like Empty Sea

4bb690380b81d1295d9776e3c87c58eb.jpg


It's 184 miles round trip for me, and worth it in every respect. For me riding there means riding thru the Appalachian hills of southern Ohio through the Shawnee State Forest

3219b23de9d56873cf7711c5e3225caf.jpg


the hills provide roads like this

88f63bb2ab657c090a5ce30ab95659e5.jpg


Mnteers (Ron) showed up on his 2021 Wing

85ca3053912050b2d7465fdb434c5e18.jpg


I rode my NC since Ron said he had never seen one. My brother rode his Bonnie.

After a great meal..(my brother had the steak, Ron and I opted for their "ribs" which look like giant bone in pork chops.

4cf0375466d3b629e72c8f3ea348997e.jpg


we went outside to look at the bikes. Ron looked at and sat on my NC. He thought not having a clutch would be weird., and when I opened the frunk (front storage compartment) he commented that the NC is like a scooter (he's not entirely wrong) lol

Ron had parked on the other side of the lot and when we walked over to look at his wing I found it sitting between 2 mini vans and commented that there were 3 mini vans parked in a row,

Looking at all the features on Ron's wing, the storage in the electronically opening bags and trunk, electric windshield, keyless ignition, stereo, navigation, reverse, was amazing. I think it actually had more features than the mini vans on either side of it

we all mounted up and made our way to the Mural Wall (1/2 mile of painted murals along the Ohio River

1503def1643809dd237889b172e86f16.jpg


Afterwards we split up and made our ways home. My brother and I on roads like this

d73c1805cb3f73776fcd96f197bcbf35.jpg


7e2270df16e260f4bbfc58f6f775e175.jpg


ce6ea3d0eb9776ffdaba137ff3984b88.jpg


c5e4853145d9048216630334595f0293.jpg


Weather was perfect, roads were awesome, food was great and the company was wonderful
 
After I parted ways with Mickey and his brother, Randy, I stopped at Harmon Honda in Ironton, which is about 27 miles east of our lunch stop to check on some trunk lights for the Goldwing. Harmon Honda isn’t the closest dealership to my house. It’s about 50 miles from where I live. I pass up 3 dealerships on the way there. But, they’ve been in business over fifty years and it’s a father/son/daughter run business. I’ve got to know them all on a first name basis over the years. They serviced my ‘15 Goldwing and my CB. I bought the 2021 Goldwing from them this past August plus a Honda mower and string trimmer over the last 2 years. Small but personable.
I walk into the service area and their mechanic, Billy, asks:
“What did you break this time?”
c753e1702399328b16f3a545c09247f6.png

Billy then asked me what I had been up to while he and the owner’s son Eddie, were putting a soft top on a side by side. When I told them I had just come back from having lunch at “The Ribbers”, I immediately got chastised for not bringing them steaks.
11eb81724f31f8e49cd0b7272fc80053.png
(I should’ve followed in Mickey’s footsteps….he did that the first time we met at the ribbers for lunch).
I put in a order for some lights and then went into their showroom to drool over this…. (Not for sale… already asked)
f651a1833d7434b3c5972dfa69d88cc1.jpg

I then headed home thinking what a great lunch with Mickey and Randy and day to ride. (I’ve been dealing with back issues since the rally, so this was the first ride of any distance I’ve taken. The Cb hasn’t been moved since the rally.
0d2b25b380d2a76c0e923c98d195f55d.png

About 150 miles long past due…….


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Very nice...I would love to be able to ride with family members, and my 3 brothers and a nephew all ride mc's, but they're over 2500 miles away!
 
That's a fair lump of steak, but sounds like a good day was had.
 
Thread starter
That's their small steak Cormanus. The large is 32 oz
 
There's a pub not far from where I live that specialises in steak in its dining room. The challenge, for people up to it, is to eat a 1KG (2.2lb) steak. I'm with LR: it would take me at least a week, probably more. It would probably be a waste of steak too.
 
Looks like a fun day! I don't eat red meat but I do remember what it tastes like, and I'm sure your grilled chunks of flesh were delicious.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I used to eat big meals , ice cream and because my wife is a great baker also plenty of baked goods as well . Last year I was 220 lbs but by cutting out ice cream and eating a lot less my weight is now 207 . I had my annual medical this weak , blood pressure perfect , cholesterol perfect and sugar perfect. I have never taken any medicine for anything . Treat food as your medicine other wise medicine will be your food ! When you get older (now 71 ) you need a lot less food .
 
Houtman_imp said:
I used to eat big meals , ice cream and because my wife is a great baker also plenty of baked goods as well . Last year I was 220 lbs but by cutting out ice cream and eating a lot less my weight is now 207 . I had my annual medical this weak , blood pressure perfect , cholesterol perfect and sugar perfect. I have never taken any medicine for anything . Treat food as your medicine other wise medicine will be your food ! When you get older (now 71 ) you need a lot less food .
... and you will be food.
 
Thread starter
Everything in moderation. ( except riding ). Nothing wrong with a little red meat two days a week, it provides lots of protein and tastes yummy. My diet is mostly chicken and pork these days which makes the occasional piece of steak or cheeseburger taste that much better.

The occasional soft drink or for some of you beer, wine or spirits or slice of pizza, or baked goods, or ice cream is good for you mentally. Things that make you happy should be included in your life.
 
Do not get me wrong , I love meat , especially steak and veal but now I eat much smaller amounts and do not "have to clear " up everything my wife puts on the table as I did in the past . As Ferret says " everything in moderation " Also we eat a LOT of fruit and never soda's .
 
Seems to be lots of evidence that consumed BBQ'ed red meat puts the body at risk. However, I reckon the same red meat raw is significantly less so.

Analogue: Raw sushi vs. cooked fish. Short of any toxins and aggressive parasites, sushi is the preferred choice for the human body in regards to fish.
 
Back
Top