The Ruckus Grows UP

Fantastic. It's a camping vehicle. It's about function. It's like you go on a date with a woman who looks like a model, but Friday night comes and she is cold, disinterested, texting all the time. Meanwhile Miss Glasses over there who likes a nice diner now and again goes out with you the next week. Well, you come in Monday smiling and everyone says, "Hey, what the heck happened to you?" "Well, I went out with Maureen Friday night. Yeah, that Maureen. We went to a car races, ate junk food and when we got home, wow."
 
Thread starter
nhawk7504_imp said:
Fantastic. It's a camping vehicle. It's about function. It's like you go on a date with a woman who looks like a model, but Friday night comes and she is cold, disinterested, texting all the time. Meanwhile Miss Glasses over there who likes a nice diner now and again goes out with you the next week. Well, you come in Monday smiling and everyone says, "Hey, what the heck happened to you?" "Well, I went out with Maureen Friday night. Yeah, that Maureen. We went to a car races, ate junk food and when we got home, wow."
:rofl: Love that comparison...So appropriate.
 
Honda keeps on wanting to push that concept.

The Ruckus is a big seller; but it's a cult machine. The Big Ruckus was completely ignored when it was out...a Honda Reflex scooter without the plastic body-cladding. It's a niche item NOW; but only because of its scarcity.

A Chinese outfit got the right to clone the Big Ruckus, using a smaller, air-cooled engine and a single rectangular headlight...that didn't sell much, either. It's a very limited-appeal design.

Now this. I understand the idea; but even when form follows function, form ought to be pleasing. The Big Ruckus was an attractive Mad-Max type of ride; but that thing? Not so sure.
 
Not sure he'd give it up Pterodactyl. But good luck.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I wasn't sure until nhawk's comparison, then I saw the beauty in "Miss Glasses". Thanks for the post.
Reminds of this decades old song by Jimmy Soul:


If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So for my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small,
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he married her and then she starts,
To do the things that will break his heart.

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life.
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time,
And she'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So for my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

:heart:
 
Its different, but functional I guess. Reminds me how for decades BMWs had the reputation for being ugly, quirky, but reliable and capable machines. And they sold motorcycles and have survived for a hundred years.
 
I absolutely want one, it'd fit in my mini-micro van and leave oodles of room. Like others have said, it's a perfect traveling vehicle.

If honda makes one, I'll buy it.

cc03f298ef4b51a1994c19b2d87344fa.jpg
 
Gentlemen,

I like the Ruckus because it reminds me of the Trail 70 that I rode as a kid. I have no use for one, but I'd like to own one anyway. This big new one doesn't quite get it for me.

Chip
 
I loved the Big Ruckus! I sold a pair of them to an area municipal utility district to use for running around the area.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been foot boards shaped like bare feet (like those old gas pedals you used to see).
 
I tried to find a Big Ruckus for a while, before concluding that they're a myth. This one looks like a good replacement but I think I'd rather have a GS (and they're clearly aimed at different markets).
 
This thread is really making me want a big ruckus. It's the goofiness that appeals to me. I might get rid of my XL175 to make room for one...which is saying a lot about how much I want it.
 
Back
Top