the quarter horse is in the stable

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
well kinda. Just need to pick it up.

0dafc73754ba39c19f957e477927d3ba.jpg


What???? No clutch lever????

d881402eb2c5861945d2e257d0a8b249.jpg


What ???? no throttle cables??????

e9e8a31b168f79e95bfcd791cd852c1d.jpg


What ??? No gas cap????

dd8edadd47945f65e8838516c2c55294.jpg


What??? No shift lever?????

bbb39ca565d8f036a581cf22c3792fc8.jpg


Pinnochi-nose

84c3873d482f0818470b6f10ef83d742.jpg


I like big butts and I cannot lie (Shrek reference..yea I have grandkids)

de45124153ad1d317a5b5fda12abe103.jpg


Frunk lock? What the heck is a Frunk?????

ea6fe0e59414654b56ecc50b75168a7c.jpg


N? D? what are those buttons for?

And the start and kill are the same switch?? How crazy is that?

70ca8fa5e1fd888cc38bae99a587382f.jpg


70-80 MPG? That will be nice!
 
Nice Bike!!

That’s not Shrek. It’s Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot
 
Thread starter
not in my house :rofl:
 
Congrats! My neighbor has one and he just loves it! Does this mean no more CB?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Looks great Ferret. Almost makes me want to have one. :)


At least they are giving you better OEM tires compared to previous model years.

Be careful riding at night with the OEM headlamp (hopefully it is better with the 2021).
 
Thread starter
Oh no, the CB isn't going anywhere. Should turn 60,000 miles on it early next week.

I got rid of my FJR. Great bike, but my wife said she thought she was done riding and we are definitely not cross country touring anymore so I don't need a 630 pound 145 hp tourer for the riding I am doing these days which is mostly local loops and day rides.

Hope I didn't make a mistake getting rid of the FJR, it was a great bike
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looks great Ferret. Almost makes me want to have one. :)


At least they are giving you better OEM tires compared to previous model years.

Be careful riding at night with the OEM headlamp (hopefully it is better with the 2021).
This one came with Metzler's instead of Dunlop's

bc95fb42eee88026f82a24fd18ef10af.jpg


403882f5e2b20fac7cf105a1c3ef4ee5.jpg


The headlight is now LED (all the lights are) and from what I understand self cancelling turn signals. I don't ride at night much any more either.

and the forks are Dual bending Valve

9098f1db66e631a6424724acb25a5753.jpg
 
Looks to be many improvements over my 2018, especially the tire upgrade. Did the center stand come standard? CS is my next modification, for now I've been putting the NC on my bike lift for chain lube.
 
Very nice Ferret and some cool options. I like the two tone color scheme. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. While not perfect for the task the CB can be pressed into ‘nakit’ sport tourer mode if needed. I’ve done it on several occasions and was impressed with how well it performed that role.
 
Frulk_imp said:
Very nice Ferret and some cool options. I like the two tone color scheme. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. While not perfect for the task the CB can be pressed into ‘nakit’ sport tourer mode if needed. I’ve done it on several occasions and was impressed with how well it performed that role.
CB does well as a touring bike, especially if you keep off the super slab interstates. I find the NC actually better in this role as it feels far more relaxed at 70+ and has better weather protection.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Looks to be many improvements over my 2018, especially the tire upgrade. Did the center stand come standard? CS is my next modification, for now I've been putting the NC on my bike lift for chain lube.
redbirds stand had to be purchased. If you buy one, there is a trick to installing the springs. Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNXxJr0egc&t=7s
 
What a well-thought-out motorcycle, ferret! Congratulations on your new steed.

That will be fun to learn about its idiosyncrasies, quirks, and features. Something very different from what you've ridden in the past. I had the integrated start/kill on my BMW. I really like it since I habitually use the kill switch to stop my engine anyway. It becomes very intuitive to use.
 
The ferret_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Looks to be many improvements over my 2018, especially the tire upgrade. Did the center stand come standard? CS is my next modification, for now I've been putting the NC on my bike lift for chain lube.
redbirds stand had to be purchased. If you buy one, there is a trick to installing the springs. Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNXxJr0egc&t=7s

redbirds stand had to be purchased. If you buy one, there is a trick to installing the springs. Watch this video

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNXxJr0egc&t=7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNXxJr0egc&t=7s
Thanks, neat trick.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oh no, the CB isn't going anywhere. Should turn 60,000 miles on it early next week.

I got rid of my FJR. Great bike, but my wife said she thought she was done riding and we are definitely not cross country touring anymore so I don't need a 630 pound 145 hp tourer for the riding I am doing these days which is mostly local loops and day rides.

Hope I didn't make a mistake getting rid of the FJR, it was a great bike
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looks great Ferret. Almost makes me want to have one. :)


At least they are giving you better OEM tires compared to previous model years.

Be careful riding at night with the OEM headlamp (hopefully it is better with the 2021).
This one came with Metzler's instead of Dunlop's

bc95fb42eee88026f82a24fd18ef10af.jpg


403882f5e2b20fac7cf105a1c3ef4ee5.jpg


The headlight is now LED (all the lights are) and from what I understand self cancelling turn signals. I don't ride at night much any more either.

and the forks are Dual bending Valve

9098f1db66e631a6424724acb25a5753.jpg
Yup, the 2018 model year had LED headlamps and Showa Dual Bending Valve front fork suspension. The rear was Pro-Link. No self-cancelling turn signals.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Very nice Ferret and some cool options. I like the two tone color scheme. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. While not perfect for the task the CB can be pressed into ‘nakit’ sport tourer mode if needed. I’ve done it on several occasions and was impressed with how well it performed that role.
CB does well as a touring bike, especially if you keep off the super slab interstates. I find the NC actually better in this role as it feels far more relaxed at 70+ and has better weather protection.
I think they missed an opportunity not fitting cruise control given how competent this bike is for longer days on the road at higher speeds. Other than that there is an awful lot to like about this bike.
 
Tev62_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Very nice Ferret and some cool options. I like the two tone color scheme. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. While not perfect for the task the CB can be pressed into ‘nakit’ sport tourer mode if needed. I’ve done it on several occasions and was impressed with how well it performed that role.
CB does well as a touring bike, especially if you keep off the super slab interstates. I find the NC actually better in this role as it feels far more relaxed at 70+ and has better weather protection.
I think they missed an opportunity not fitting cruise control given how competent this bike is for longer days on the road at higher speeds. Other than that there is an awful lot to like about this bike.
I think they missed an opportunity not fitting cruise control given how competent this bike is for longer days on the road at higher speeds. Other than that there is an awful lot to like about this bike.
Roger that.
 
Gold, the review I read said they have auto cancelling signals. No? Yes?
 
Ferret, congrats on the new steed. I think you’ll enjoy it.

I rented one in Sicily a few years ago (non-DCT). Very nice bike for day trips with decent power and handling, but the one I rode had a short, stubby OE windscreen which I promptly removed (lots of wind noise and turbulence) and I found the location of the fuel tank, under the rear seat, to be a PITA as it required you to remove tail bags and anything else strapped to the seat before you could remove it and access the fuel filler. The frunk was convenient, however.

I’ll be curious to hear how you like the DCT. I’ve heard great things but haven’t ridden one myself yet.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Ferret, congrats on the new steed. I think you’ll enjoy it.

I rented one in Sicily a few years ago (non-DCT). Very nice bike for day trips with decent power and handling, but the one I rode had a short, stubby OE windscreen which I promptly removed (lots of wind noise and turbulence) and I found the location of the fuel tank, under the rear seat, to be a PITA as it required you to remove tail bags and anything else strapped to the seat before you could remove it and access the fuel filler. The frunk was convenient, however.

I’ll be curious to hear how you like the DCT. I’ve heard great things but haven’t ridden one myself yet.
+1

Rented one on Germany - Switzerland ride. Loved the frunk, didn't love under-seat fuel filler. Maybe with panniers and perhaps a tail bag / top case on an extended luggage rack, it wouldn't be an issue. But if you're strapping a bag on it, not fun.

Speaking of strapping a bag on a bike, it's hard to beat the small, non-dangling anchor straps used with the Kriega US-30. Might ease the under-seat fueling issue.
9a53365ff8d95be38962516d09cb91b1.png
 
Thread starter
even with the new lowered seat I'm still on my toes

5b9c7ec0b98460a84195af3e8ccd83e4.jpg


b8c3d721147252e48fedc436d1df2337.jpg
 
Back
Top