The pekingduck rogues' gallery of customised CB1100s

PowerDubs_imp said:
4 isn't offensive.

5 would be fun to look at on a display

Out of the bunch- 7 would be the one in my garage.



I guess I will throw my work in progress into the ring- have at it...if you don't like it, let me know.

I shoot more for practical over style- so has usable (OEM) mirrors, larger oem blinkers, oem wider and swept back handle bars, '17 sbdv forks, ikon shocks, oem heated grips, more correct looking '13 controls.

I *love* the look of the Moriwaki 4-4 but holding off part because of the loss of center stand and part because of cost. I also think I like the DLX tank shape better but I haven't seen one in real life.



ee3b44af469b732ea5686c496c98bc76.jpg



e30e4c6b8a74dc34a5f60d2705dc604c.jpg
I like this shot. Something about it.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
4 isn't offensive.

5 would be fun to look at on a display

Out of the bunch- 7 would be the one in my garage.



I guess I will throw my work in progress into the ring- have at it...if you don't like it, let me know.

I shoot more for practical over style- so has usable (OEM) mirrors, larger oem blinkers, oem wider and swept back handle bars, '17 sbdv forks, ikon shocks, oem heated grips, more correct looking '13 controls.

I *love* the look of the Moriwaki 4-4 but holding off part because of the loss of center stand and part because of cost. I also think I like the DLX tank shape better but I haven't seen one in real life.



ee3b44af469b732ea5686c496c98bc76.jpg



e30e4c6b8a74dc34a5f60d2705dc604c.jpg
I like this shot. Something about it.
I like this shot. Something about it.
That shot just says "let's go for a ride". That's a handsome bike in black with the black-accented wheels. I like the earlier tanks more than the DLX and the EX because they are a bit more chiseled, muscular.
 
Roper_imp said:
In that case, #5 comes the closest to a modern interpretation. And, it's not too annoying ;)
+1
The 5 really is showcasing the beautiful motor as the centerpiece, and that no colorful paint works for me :)
 
One from eBay that PowerDubs first posted back in August. Was taken off eBay after 2 months with the starting price dropped from $7500 tp $6600 to $6500. Maybe sold, maybe not.
 
Back
Top