The one-handed rider

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
So terrified was I by the Ferret's demand for pictures when I first posted on this site that I now travel everywhere with my trusty Nikon Coolpix S8000 slung around my neck on a lanyard. I take photos like a maniac, just in case.

People are now asking who is the idiot who rides everywhere one-handed.

So thanks for that, Ferret.

I've mentioned the Bellbird Creek Tea House before. It's a good place for me to go to get a coffee because it encourages bikers, there are usually others there, and there are plenty of ways to get there that are fun rides. So, when I want to escape for a coffee and have a bit of a ride to get there, that's where I go.

Here's a map of a trip there and back last week. The round trip was around 72 miles.

Here's some photos. The first shows the local idiot who rides everywhere with one hand.



The mountain to the left is right behind the town where I live. It's about 1400 ft high. Every year there's a running race from the centre of the town to the summit and back. The record's about 23 or 24 minutes. Takes me more than an hour to walk up the damned thing.




















Here's the mountain again.


Believe it or not, this is the major road from Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, to Cairns, the northernmost city. To be fair, it is dual carriageway until about 15 kms south of where this was taken and is gradually being extended.
 
Nice! Love seeing the countryside where others get to ride. I appreciate that you take the time to take and post the pics. Otherwise my only connection visually with Australia is National Geographic or reruns of Crocodile Dundee.

The landscape actually reminds me a lot of our mid southern states Kentucky,Tenessee, Georgia

What is the red and yellow thing by your left rear footpeg?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice! Love seeing the countryside where others get to ride. I appreciate that you take the time to take and post the pics. Otherwise my only connection visually with Australia is National Geographic or reruns of Crocodile Dundee.

The landscape actually reminds me a lot of our mid southern states Kentucky,Tenessee, Georgia

What is the red and yellow thing by your left rear footpeg?
Registration sticker. Every vehicle is required to carry one to attest to the registration being current—i.e. you get a new one every year. As of later this year they'll become redundant as the police technology will allow them to run the number plate to see whether registration is current.

Lots of Australia is not at all like Crocodile Dundee. But glad you like the pics. I'm enjoying getting to see pictures of the US on this site. There's some beautiful country.
 
Yes, we have such diverse scenery here and weather too. Some are freezing now and some are burning up. The Northeast looks nothing like the south west and our two main mountain ranges are awesome, nearly rivaling Europe's Alps ( not quite though). I love traveling and seeing the diverse scenery and weather around the world. Cool place this globe we live on.
 
Running up a mountain? Heck, when I'm feeling really adventurous, I ride my motorcycle to the ice cream shop!!!

:D

Much more rewarding!

:P
 
Beautiful .. I hope to make it to Australia or New Zealand for the 2015 World Cup Cricket games cheering India and I and hope to enjoy the local scenic roads as well as it will be fun riding/driving left side of the road like back home .. Cheers !!
 
Thread starter
IndianRider_imp said:
Beautiful .. I hope to make it to Australia or New Zealand for the 2015 World Cup Cricket games cheering India and I and hope to enjoy the local scenic roads as well as it will be fun riding/driving left side of the road like back home .. Cheers !!
We'd be pleased to have you IndianRider. The World Cup should be a great event.
 
Great pictures Cormanus. Makes me homesick. I do like the lean angle effect. I can see myself becoming part of the scenery trying to emulate you.

IndianRider_imp said:
Beautiful .. I hope to make it to Australia or New Zealand for the 2015 World Cup Cricket games cheering India and I and hope to enjoy the local scenic roads as well as it will be fun riding/driving left side of the road like back home .. Cheers !!
Cheering India? Mmm....a lot more dangerous than the mob we are in the process of cleaning up now. Anyway look us up.

Cheers.
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Great pictures Cormanus. Makes me homesick. I do like the lean angle effect. I can see myself becoming part of the scenery trying to emulate you.

IndianRider_imp said:
Beautiful .. I hope to make it to Australia or New Zealand for the 2015 World Cup Cricket games cheering India and I and hope to enjoy the local scenic roads as well as it will be fun riding/driving left side of the road like back home .. Cheers !!
Cheering India? Mmm....a lot more dangerous than the mob we are in the process of cleaning up now. Anyway look us up.

Cheers.
I confess I worry a bit about becoming part of the scenery, but I'm only prepared to try it on very gentle corners. Slowly. The other advantage is that using the Ferret technique, you can easily just drop the camera if you need to.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Great pictures Cormanus. Makes me homesick. I do like the lean angle effect. I can see myself becoming part of the scenery trying to emulate you.

IndianRider_imp said:
Beautiful .. I hope to make it to Australia or New Zealand for the 2015 World Cup Cricket games cheering India and I and hope to enjoy the local scenic roads as well as it will be fun riding/driving left side of the road like back home .. Cheers !!
Cheering India? Mmm....a lot more dangerous than the mob we are in the process of cleaning up now. Anyway look us up.

Cheers.
Cheering India? Mmm....a lot more dangerous than the mob we are in the process of cleaning up now. Anyway look us up.

Cheers.
Thanks coramanus .. I ensure I enjoy my trips anywhere in the world ..

Pterodactyl .. I haven't keep touch with issues globally so cannot relate to your mob reference ...

Either way trust in me that I will enjoy the cricket, the culture, the local beer and food and the riding down under .. Cheers ,,
 
IndianRider

Australia just regained the Ashes with a 5-0 test win against the English and are up 3-0 in the One Day series. I don't think we will be that fortunate against India. If you are in Oz for the World Cup maybe we can take in a game or two.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top