The OFFICIAL Christmas thread

Thread starter
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Do we have a date yet for next year's rally? I have a lot of time on the books to burn and riding out to join you guys would be amazing.

From California? whoaaaa! Bet there are members along the way that would put you up every night along the way.
 
The ferret_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Do we have a date yet for next year's rally? I have a lot of time on the books to burn and riding out to join you guys would be amazing.

From California? whoaaaa! Bet there are members along the way that would put you up every night along the way.

From California? whoaaaa! Bet there are members along the way that would put you up every night along the way.
Epic ride and we have a futon in the basement, although I hardly think that Bland, VA by way of Chicago, IL is the most efficient route.
 
Thread starter
Yea I would be glad to put him up too, only like you I think I'm a bit out of the way, but MG is certainly welcome here.
 
So far, I have two nights covered. Thanks guys! For the fun of it, I'm going to plan out what a ride like this would look like and see how realistic, if at all, it is.
 
Thread starter
Took me 4 days one way I think when I rode out there last year. If you had the time. A two week tour hitting some great spots along the ways would be epic.
 
MG - If you flew out, there's an outside chance that I could get you on a CB1100 from here to the rally and back.
And not on the back of mine :P
 
I was just watching a thing on PBS about the Lincoln Highway. You could pick that up in Menlo Park and see the country. Then jump off on I-81 in PA and you'll be there in no time. Or Rt50 will take you into WV... either way, it's a grand way to go!
 
Lincoln Highway comes through Illiois just south of Chicago.

Oh..and Route 66 comes all the way in to Chicago. :)
 
Thread starter
Turning this back to the Christmas thread lol... All you folks have your Christmas shopping done? Got my last item for my wife yesterday.
i think we motorcycling men are much easier to shop for !
 
All I have left is to go to the liquor store and buy for the men I know.
For me I bought an iPad Air 2 the other day. My first Apple product ever. Using it now. Works awesome!
 
Merry Christmas everyone !!! Have fun, be safe...

I ordered myself a few presents. .. No kids or family close by. (Thanksgiving is our family holiday)

Icon Rear shocks.
WM: Short front fender
WM: Aluminum Cowl
 
Bought myself a CB11. Got presents for everyone except my sister who's very hard to shop for. Had to come up with non riding things to ask for because my mother doesn't want to buy motorcycle things and 'validate my dangerous hobbies.' Idk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Merry Christmas to all my Internet friends! I will be at the east rally but it won't be on a CB11.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
All I have left is to go to the liquor store and buy for the men I know.
For me I bought an iPad Air 2 the other day. My first Apple product ever. Using it now. Works awesome!
I prefer Plymouth Gin and Templeton Rye although not in the same cocktail...unless..

Anyhow, you can ship that to my office; there's always someone here to sign for it. :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
What will it be on Ole, and are you going to stop when you see us this time or just whiz by? lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Turning this back to the Christmas thread lol... All you folks have your Christmas shopping done? Got my last item for my wife yesterday.
i think we motorcycling men are much easier to shop for !
I bought a bag of nuts for my $5 grab bag recipient. Cheryl did all the rest of the shopping, although I gave some input. She and I are not exchanging gifts this year, but rather are going to go furniture shopping sometime after the holidays.

I begged my kids for motorcycle-related gifts, including a CB1100Forum mug, but I suspect I'm getting socks and handkerchiefs, which I also need, butttt.
 
Thread starter
LOL..sorry Sea. socks and hankys...so sad. I'm surprised your kids know what hankys are. My dad used them, I use them, my kids think they are gross and won't touch them, although they did buy me a pack of 12 for Christmas one year. That was in the 80's. Still haven't used half of them lol.
 
I hope everyone has very Merry Christmas even though it has not been a very good season for us. Instead of gifts to our friends this year we decided to give to a few local charities.
Happy holidays !!!
 
Thread starter
Very thoughtful CA. Merry Christmas to you too. Thought you might get a new snow blower for Christmas.
 
Back
Top