The Loop

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
A couple of times a week, when the weather is bad, or I am pressed for time, mainly after watching Grandchildren on Fridays, or anytime I just feel like a pleasurable 1 hour or so ride,I will ride what I call "The Loop". The curves start 7/10 of a mile from my driveway. From my house and back again," The Loop" (yellow highlighted route) is 36 miles of curves and elevation changes. Nothing too technical and almost all the curves can be taken at or near posted speed limits on dry roads, with the exception of one little section or two. I can either shorten or extend the loop by taking any number of roads that bisect the loop (most common alterations are the red lines on the map)." The Loop" also includes "My Road" ( Rt 743) a road I am particularly fond of and a blast to ride. Changing the direction of travel on the loop makes it seem like two completely different loops.

c6f58da238d2c504e6f67d886440dca2.jpg


30691b23b81f70b52a0290bfc911ffe9.jpg


28590287e5a92a364fc476e9eaa30394.jpg


a8c2bb975893c73452020a1ebb7adc32.jpg


091ecaf4789c72422d90b0f363933d40.jpg


22d95941640bcdb03bc30ef4b66c16cd.jpg


1ab1661ae34a4d4062e166ffa402e427.jpg

Great place to ride a motorcycle!
 
I was there!! Great pics and map.

One thing though... When you title a thread "The Loop", Chicagoans think of something a bit different. Here's what a Chicagoan might post:

The Loop

Five times a week, when the weather is bad or good, a good number of my friends take a less than pleasurable 1 hour or so ride, usually by train, to what we call "The Loop". The Loop is bounded on the north and west by the Chicago River, on the east by Lake Michigan, and on the south by Roosevelt Road, although the commercial core has expanded into adjacent community areas. From my house and back again," The Loop" (shown on the map) is about 20 miles of stop lights or traffic congestion. Nothing too technical and almost all the curves can be taken at or near posted speed limits on dry roads, just be sure to avoid the red-light camera. "The Loop" is generally a terrible place to ride a motorcycle, unless you're a courier when your maneuverability might outweigh your invisibility. Although, early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, when the traffic is light enough, it can be a delightful change of pace from a ride in the country.

"The Loop"


Some motorcycle pics from "The Loop"
[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/LSD%20Trip/7358162df6139bbc5f8a7b6d2a9529a4_zpskz0zpbdy.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/LSD%20Trip/6afe60c874a3b0bfa61e09b39d454b18_zpsktxjwtrc.jpg.html]


LOL :rofl: :beerchug: :biker:
 
Thread starter
cooldrum_imp said:
Ferret, I like your loop. Less traffic than the Chicago loop and so close to your home. Looks like you had a dusting of snow? 39 degrees here, maybe some snow tomorrow. Russ
Russ the snow pic is from last year. WE haven't had any yet, but we should see some mild accumulation soon I would think.


pdedse_imp said:
Lovely curves and it's so close to home, so that looks like a nice "walk around the block". I've got more country roads than I can shake a stick at and lots through forests, so, being from the midwest I look for the straight, wide-open areas--Marine Drive along the Columbia River in the Portland, OR area.

I don't know anyone who looks for straight roads. :rofl: although I'll confess I don't mind straight roads either, as long as I am riding.
 
Back
Top