The longest bridge

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
f6321820377b5a8b6f15691c5660d889.jpg

(Photo Kin Cheung / AP)

It cost $ 20 billion. and connects the cities of Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macau, a total of 70 million people.
Six lanes plus an underwater tunnel and almost 55 km of road. The longest such bridge in the world that connected mainland China with Hong Kong and Macau.

If you look closely, you can see my :biker:...lol
 
wow that would be awesome to ride across
 
That's a great picture of it, Peter. I hadn't realised from earlier images I've seen that you can see both ends of the bridge as the enter/leave the tunnel. I also read that not everybody can use it. You need some sort of special permit.
 
Thread starter
...I got that permit...to post it:P
By clicking on pic to enlarge it (I know you did), one can see its full beauty...really nice piece of engineering :thumbsup:
 
Don't want to be in this tunnel while a tsunami wave hit it... .

But really proper engineering on this bridge. Must be hard to ride when stormy.
 
Back
Top