The inspiration for buying the CB1100

husky385_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
This is the only photo left after the fire of my first street bike a 1972 CB750.
Some wild times on that bike. Once on the freeway going North around 70 MPH between Eugene and Portland I hit a Robin right at face level. If not for the windshield on that fairing I don't even want to speculate.

A really stupid stunt right after a July 4th parade a friend (siting on a half box of beer) and I wheeled through Port Orford OR on that bike. Later that day before the fire works about five miles north of town I passed a state police car, I was going just a tad over the speed limit, parked at an old restaurant. Needless to say I romped on it. I don't know if he gave chase or not, I never saw him in the mirrors. Things we do when we are young.
Kevin

 
I had a 76 CB750 and many bikes with Vetter fairings. Loved both.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I had a 76 CB750 and many bikes with Vetter fairings. Loved both.
Loved or love both. I have a feeling that if you only had the CB1100 you might consider putting a vetter on it for winter riding. Am I wrong?
Kevin
 
I had a Vetter Windjammer on my '79 KZ750. At the time I had a 60 mile highway commute every day and the protection was fantastic, particular in the winter. The KZ was my only form of transportation in those days.
 
husky385_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I had a 76 CB750 and many bikes with Vetter fairings. Loved both.
Loved or love both. I have a feeling that if you only had the CB1100 you might consider putting a vetter on it for winter riding. Am I wrong?
Kevin
Loved or love both. I have a feeling that if you only had the CB1100 you might consider putting a vetter on it for winter riding. Am I wrong?
Kevin
If they made a bolt on kit I would, yes,
 
Loved or love both. I have a feeling that if you only had the CB1100 you might consider putting a vetter on it for winter riding. Am I wrong?
Kevin
[/QUOTE]

If they made a bolt on kit I would, yes,
[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody would even care to make a bolt on kit to put a Vetter on our bikes, not enough interest. It does take a few modifications to make one fit. Before Craig Vetters accident, he had photo shopped a picture of one and made a comment that he didn't think it would fit our bikes. So far I think Husky and I are the only ones that have done it.
 
We can only wish and think what if ( unless we were talented like Carguy and Husky)
 
Thread starter
Ferret, Carguy may be talented, but definitely not me I had a very good fabricator mechanic that did mine. All I did was convey what I wanted and he did the work. Mine is still a work in progress. I have so many things I would like to do. Funds are limited and will do things as I can(if I live long enough).:thumbsup:
Kevin
 
Back
Top