The Grotto

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Took the CB to the Grotto this morning. There were two Griso's so I was thinking I should have taken my Griso; we coulda had a rally! Afterwards I dropped by the house, picked up the big camera, swapped bikes to the 650L and went to the dog trail for some shooting and visiting.
A couple more.
 
Must say, to my eye, your CB is the best looking bike of the lot. The red side covers look real good.
 
Thread starter
The Ducati's looked darn nice and Andy's Griso is looking mighty fine (not as nice as mine in Tenni Green :).

But I had to park it on the other side so as not to outshine the other guys..... :angel:
 
Rboe, I really need to get up there some Sunday and meet you guys before it gets too hot. Those are all beautiful bikes. Do you guys get together every Sunday?
 
Thread starter
Yes, folks show up Saturday and Sunday, but there is a subset of us that just do Sunday. We had a good group of folks today, only one female rider (the rest were pillions). Bring a towel, there are usually a bike or two worth drooling over.
First Sunday of the month the Guzzi guys meet at the Denny's on Bell and I-17 (fine dining at its' best! - at least for breakfast.... :D ). I'm going to be in Minnesota this next weekend though, getting my snow fix. :)
 
Great looking bikes. I wish there was a place like The Grotto near us. There are a few restaurants at which riders meet on weekend, but none that I know of are in the middle of a particularly good riding area. Maybe someone will open a cool little coffee shop in SE Wisconsin that caters to riders. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)
 
Thread starter
Usually it takes three or four guys to start going to one place on a regular schedule. It helps a lot if the employees are personable, the coffee is good, something decent to munch on and an area where you can sit and watch the bikes and bikers riding by can see who or what is there. They are like lures. You do have the roads!
 
Nothing matching those descriptions around here. Lots of good roads to ride though.
 
It would be so neat if we had something like that around here. Closest we have is a bike night at Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesday nights during the summer and it's dominated by cruisers. I think part of the issue is, there are so many good riding roads around here, we riders are just spread out over a large geographical area. There is no " you got to go ride here this weekend" spots because anywhere you go is good riding.
 
Thread starter
What with life, work and pets, the ride to the Grotto is many times the only time I can make time to get on the bike. :(

Once I retire I hope to get to some woodworking projects so for a while, it may STILL serve as my guaranteed bike ride.

The big attractor used to be a coffee shop a few blocks before The Grotto called C4 (Cave Creek Coffee Company) and the parking lot would be packed with bikes. But they suddenly went belly up. That was about two-three years ago. There was no common watering hole to go to and folks sorta bounced around looking for a spot. Looks like more and more guys are choosing the grotto. There was a core group of about 4-7 guys with a larger group that came sometimes. That larger group is becoming more frequent. Kinda of an odd chemistry.
 
Back
Top