The gift that keeps on giving

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well this just seems to be a never ending part of my life. I had an MRI this passed week and got the results on Friday. It looks like I'm in need of surgery on my right hip to repair a torn labrum that is causing me fits. I have MAJOR issues putting on my right sock and shoe and trying to wash my right foot in the shower. I also get a stabbing pain in the joint from time to time when changing direction when walking.

It will be an arthroscopic procedure so no large incision and the recovery time won't be all that long, but it just seems like this will never end. UGH.

Fun, fun fun!

:biker:
 
Randy,

Hope you get well quick so you can get back to the CB!

I had to google labrum tears. It shows them as shoulder problems. Whats the deal? Can you expound?
 
Thread starter
Probably the same idea, but in the hip socket. Basically it's the cartilage that surrounds the head of the femur in the socket.
This isn't mine, but mine looks VERY much like this.

7230c9a9c7f617a735e8d8ef748540dc.gif
 
Bummer Randy, sorry to read this. Just keeps piling on doesn't it? Hope the surgery goes well and you are doing pirouettes in no time.
 
Best wishes for your arthroscopy, Randy !
My mother had it for similar reasons and she had a perfec recovery then.

"I may be getting old, but not foolish"
Elia Kazan

:hello:
 
Hoping you're back on your feet soon...then you can visit Chicago and I'll buy you a beef sandwich from Roma's :D
 
Randy B_imp said:
Well this just seems to be a never ending part of my life. I had an MRI this passed week and got the results on Friday. It looks like I'm in need of surgery on my right hip to repair a torn labrum that is causing me fits. I have MAJOR issues putting on my right sock and shoe and trying to wash my right foot in the shower. I also get a stabbing pain in the joint from time to time when changing direction when walking.

It will be an arthroscopic procedure so no large incision and the recovery time won't be all that long, but it just seems like this will never end. UGH.

Fun, fun fun!

:biker:
That is good. Just think back a short time, when that wouldn't be the case, and it would require major surgery. Best of luck with it...
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Hoping you're back on your feet soon...then you can visit Chicago and I'll buy you a beef sandwich from Roma's :D
I might just hold you to that. :D
 
Heck before MRI, it was exploratory surgery or you lived with it the rest of your life. Not to be out done, come to San Antonio and I'll take you out for Bbq brisket


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten I grew up on Romas and I REALLY miss that place. GOOD Chicago Italian beef.
 
Best wishes Randy for a successful procedure. I've noticed that as I migrated beyond that half century mark on the odometer things don't work as well on the old body as they once did requiring a little more recovery time. Young buck like you will bounce back in no time!
 
Darn man, that is harsh but at least it's good that it's something that they don't expect big recovery issues.

Totally criminal that the driver who hit you did not stop.. this sort of thing popping up later is why you use a lawyer and don't call it "case closed" right away in the case that you actually know who the other party is. Ugh.
 
Not good, Randy. Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery.
 
Randy I grew up in Chicago, south side and miss the food of the Windy City, but one has to adjust.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top