The future

Yeah, that's the "other shoe" that will be dropping someday soon when Teslas need a fix.

I hitched a ride with a coworker a few weeks ago to rescue our stranded and broken down shop van. We were riding in his girlfriend's ancient (2002-ish) Prius. It was still running on battery at low speeds, and he said that they couldn't really detect how much the battery capacity had depleted.
 
Speaking of which...

Came across my first electric F150 on the ride in this morning.
Rivian trucks are now a common sight in my area, and I've seen a few of the new Hummer electric trucks. But the F150 is more mainstream, and the one that everyone seems to have their eyes on as a more common replacement for an I.C. pickup.

Just looked like a nice new Ford for a minute, until I noticed that red taillight strip running across the tailgate.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Is that steam powered ? What am i looking at?
It's steam powered. The modern version includes a vape pen attachment (only compatible with open-face or modular helmets at this time).
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
O man that must be agonizingly slow.
Probably not the point.

I'd worry more about range, or worse: Explosion.

Nevertheless, full credit to the riding hobbyist for following through and demonstrating a lost art.
 
Funny to think that during the 1974 oil crisis, OEMs, including GM, briefly revisited steam to see if it would be a viable alternative to I.C.
Imagine a coal-burning, steam-powered Pontiac.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Funny to think that during the 1974 oil crisis, OEMs, including GM, briefly revisited steam to see if it would be a viable alternative to I.C.
Imagine a coal-burning, steam-powered Pontiac.
:rofl: ... yeah.

My '79 Sunbird was almost that.
 
Thread starter
I’m sure you’ll find some sort of air-under-pressure propulsion for that chair, GO.
 
Back
Top