The CB on the Tail of the Dragon

chync_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The photographers working the Tail of the Dragon have upped their game. Pretty detailed photos while flying by. Wish the forum site would allow higher resolution uploads. The original are quite detailed. (couldn't get the images to display in the post but the dropbox link opens a viewer that let's you click through the images).

Dropbox

670421b76fa4251ca8e363e645121a1c.jpg

b98fcabc3432bd44747fd8108ce5d9c3.jpg

e5f4c171cfc82073ac5b512ee93f2723.jpg

ced862c2aba0ee2df4957033ef10776e.jpg

0a48f32c2e6a4cfa787efbb71d5a9872.jpg

fbc2d2bfac306e6618c4b314c61105d0.jpg

dae502fdc4249071f0f70d86a32255bd.jpg

0555ca6bca53ee1270a9222ed32e9f73.jpg

5b0ee9be08048d26f03fc35b02223ce9.jpg

174bbecab7d0db3ae186d8eb2cc3cfa0.jpg

b45561de0b20525a8393fe128f2d8ff0.jpg

014c8137cea5126d0725bd2a28660996.jpg

26e9189254fa594c351e741b6d8f7155.jpg

8e577278011077876398b15b3542ff38.jpg
 
These are amazing photos! Wow!! Your bike is beautiful too! I am new to the CB1100 world so forgive me for not knowing all that there is to know about the bike: What kind of fairing do you have? I love the look!

Peace,
Hansen
 
I think that is the same as the aluminum shroud that is for sale in the classifieds currently that he possibly had painted to match?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Took me a minute to even realize I was looking at a CB!

Did you anodize your hubs?

Sharp looking bike.

Those are 17” tubeless spoked rims from Italy. It’s a 2014 Cb with lots of mods including a 2017 tank. It’s the aluminum fairing from Samurider. Many of the parts are from Samurider.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great pics!

You had me going for a moment. I thought I was looking at a rare Canadian RS model on the back roads of NC. :D
 
Thread starter
sonnyb_imp said:
tell us more about your cb,I mean everything,
it's really beautiful,
The mods (most from Samurider)

Replaced fenders
Single seat
Windscreen
Clubman bars
Pazzo Short levers
Steel braided brake lines
Removed air intake snorkel
Bar end mirrors
Staintune exhaust
Andreani fork inserts
Ohlins fully adjustable rear shocks
Re-flashed ecu
Led headlight
Racing foot pegs
Sintered brake pads
Smaller front sprocket
17” tubeless aluminum wheels
120/70 front 180/55 rear tires
Power commander
Dyno tuned
Very thin wallet that now fits in any pocket

I have found a good source for parts to replace the triple tree and forks with inverted forks from a gsxr. That may be my next project. That or start removing the stuff that scrapes the road in a good lean.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
mustakoira_imp said:
Can you tell more about the wheels? Where did you get them?

Nice pics. I was there last year and had a blast.

The wheels are made by Kineo. I bought them through a reseller in The Netherlands. Kineo doesn’t sell direct.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like your remarks about the thin wallet , how true this is !
next month I will have been riding motor cycles for 50 years and over those years I am certain that I have spend $ 250.000 on my motorcycle hobby and I think that is was money well spend.
Never had to visit a " shrink " in all those years .
 
Houtman_imp said:
I like your remarks about the thin wallet , how true this is !
next month I will have been riding motor cycles for 50 years and over those years I am certain that I have spend $ 250.000 on my motorcycle hobby and I think that is was money well spend.
Never had to visit a " shrink " in all those years .
50 year moto - anniversary congratulations Houtman :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top