THANK YOU U.S. VETERANS!

A ride today on our CB1100s sounds like a great way to celebrate the freedom we have. Please be careful out there riding today
 
It's Remembrance Day in Canada and throughout the British Commonwealth of Nations for the same reasons.
Let's never forget their sacrifice and service to keep us free :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
A salute to all the vets who proudly served their country and a remembrance for those who gave all. Thank you for your service and God bless.
 
240th Birthday of my beloved Marine Corps and celebrating all Veterans today. Thank you to all those who have come before me and laid the path for me to follow. Take care everyone!


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
I'll be hoisting a beer to Chesty Puller later today!

No, I'm not a Marine, prior Navy!
 
I join in expressing my gratitude to the men and women who have served our country or who currently serve. We're having beautiful weather in this military loving town I live in and I think I'll go for a ride too.
 
Every day should be veterans day.

My brother is in Afghanistan right now. It's his 4th tour of duty in the sandbox.

Say thanks if you see any of the Vets. They do appreciate it.

Thanks to all those who served!
 
Never go to sales or do any shopping on the 11th of Nov. I realized a long time ago that the exceptionally high quality of life I enjoy is in large measure tied to sacrifices made by those that wear the uniform. For years I've been trying to do something meaningful on Veterans Day. Meaningful to me that is. I knew I wouldn't have the time this year during the holiday so I rode up to Preston and Grace Idaho two weekends ago and visited the graves of two MoH recipients from WW2. Junior is buried in a small cemetery just south of Grace where this pic was taken. Made the loop north through Soda Springs, remote camped at Blackfoot Reservoir and the next day headed into WY via Freedom, Wy. (appropriately named for the purpose of this trip) and on back home to northern Utah.
ae74e173bcee07f8b35ccd0c364741f9.jpg


Most years on April 9th I take a day off from work when it doesn't coincide with the weekend and make a 1 day, 769 mile roundtrip run to Duboise, Wy (weather permitting) to visit the grave of a 19 yr. old Marine who was KIA on that date. The movie "Taking Chance" chronicles the transfer of his remains across our country and how the citizens react to the sight of one of our fallen warriors flag draped coffin as it takes its final trip home. It's pretty sobering to stand there at this headstone on a small bluff above this farming/ranching community and see the high price of Freedom in person. Semper Fi indeed!
07de63f0e47909ab57501502750fd0a7.jpg


We (Americans) on occasion have a tendency to forget that our allies, the Brits, Aussies, New Zealanders etc. and neighbors to the north stood (and STILL stand) shoulder to shoulder with us on Freedoms Frontier. They too paid for a portion of our liberties. This Canadian made YouTube video is to remind you that most of us Yanks haven't forgotten that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...6026,d.cGc
 
Frulk_imp said:
Never go to sales or do any shopping on the 11th of Nov. I realized a long time ago that the exceptionally high quality of life I enjoy is in large measure tied to sacrifices made by those that wear the uniform. For years I've been trying to do something meaningful on Veterans Day. Meaningful to me that is. I knew I wouldn't have the time this year during the holiday so I rode up to Preston and Grace Idaho two weekends ago and visited the graves of two MoH recipients from WW2. Junior is buried in a small cemetery just south of Grace where this pic was taken. Made the loop north through Soda Springs, remote camped at Blackfoot Reservoir and the next day headed into WY via Freedom, Wy. (appropriately named for the purpose of this trip) and on back home to northern Utah.
ae74e173bcee07f8b35ccd0c364741f9.jpg


Most years on April 9th I take a day off from work when it doesn't coincide with the weekend and make a 1 day, 769 mile roundtrip run to Duboise, Wy (weather permitting) to visit the grave of a 19 yr. old Marine who was KIA on that date. The movie "Taking Chance" chronicles the transfer of his remains across our country and how the citizens react to the sight of one of our fallen warriors flag draped coffin as it takes its final trip home. It's pretty sobering to stand there at this headstone on a small bluff above this farming/ranching community and see the high price of Freedom in person. Semper Fi indeed!
07de63f0e47909ab57501502750fd0a7.jpg


We (Americans) on occasion have a tendency to forget that our allies, the Brits, Aussies, New Zealanders etc. and neighbors to the north stood (and STILL stand) shoulder to shoulder with us on Freedoms Frontier. They too paid for a portion of our liberties. This Canadian made YouTube video is to remind you that most of us Yanks haven't forgotten that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...6026,d.cGc

Agree with everything you said.

ralph

Sorry Ralph, had to delete some of your post. We not turning this political..not the place.
Ferret..moderator
 
Nemo_imp said:
My two sons
Those are good looking sons, Saaaalute:exclamation:

ralph


Agree with everything you said.

ralph

Sorry Ralph, had to delete some of your post. We not turning this political..not the place.
Ferret..moderator
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Ferret, I guess this is not the place for me. Please delete my account, thank you for understanding.

ralph
 
Wow, so the Moderator does his job and keeps things running smoothly by removing some political banter, and your reaction is "I'm taking my ball and going home!"?

There are a few topics that a gentlemen doesn't discuss in polite company religion and politics being two of the biggest.

This is a thread to honor all our brethren in arms, past and present. Not for bickering and finger pointing. Shame on you.

Good day sir.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
You should feel proud Nemo. Fine looking young men.
 
Back
Top