the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



For sure the Tenni Green was the LOOKER of their year group. I sat on a Red/Black Griso in the early spring of this year like the one Ferret test rode. It was hard walking away from those massive opposed cylinders. If it had been a Tenni Green with that brown seat it would be sitting in my garage next to the V7R. The red/black color scheme just didn't do it for me on that bike.Rboe_imp said:I had to go with lowered pegs to accomodate my 43" inseam. I added ROX risers to bring the bars back a bit to help my lower back.
The side stand was a problem at first, even used my hands to extend it at first. But now I use my foot and it's now a non-issue.
Stock seat, for me, sucks rocks. Funny you didn't mention that.
Something that you did't mention but I still find a wee bit unnerving, rolling on the throttle like you do the CB will, without any warning or hint, have you doing the ton. I have yet to feel the motor work. Giving it the bees and all my blood goes to the back of my head and I get very light headed. The motor: she just gets up and hauls.
I thought it was decent in town until I got the CB. The CB is much better at the tight twistie bits, the Griso much prefers the fast sweapers.
Some guys, literally around the world (Seattle, Australia and Netherlands) have developed an independent map that is pretty silly easy to upload and makes the bike more civilized. You need to buy a cable to interface the laptop with the bike, everything else is free - donations are encouraged.
Guzzi's do seem to take a while to bond with the rider - they kinda sneak up on ya. A good 100+ mile ride will be better. Glad you got a chance to ride one. They do tend to polarize riders, you either love it or you don't get it. By the way, the whole CARC line (Griso, Stelvio, Norge, Breva) are no more. They have had their run.
Oh, mine is the prettier faster Tenni Green one.
A couple years ago a buddy and I took my Griso and CB to the New Years Tortilla Flat. On the way there and back we did some 65mph roll on's (he was on the Griso and was being seduced to the torque).
He'd twist the throttle and the bike would launch ahead. The CB just slowing accelerated. It will bring out the 16 year old bad boy in you. But watching that steam locomotive surge ahead was impressive.


I agree, I had to divorce my Tenni Griso, she tried to burn my house down...but I still fantasize about her. I'd cheat on the CB with another!Rboe_imp said:I was exaggerating just a bit. It's closer to 36".
Ya, confirmed, CARC is now history. Guzzi will concentrate on the V9 (some say the V7 is not yet quite dead) and the 1400 lump and all of its' derivatives. For the simple reason as that is were the sales numbers are.
We tease gals about buying shoes because they are pretty but that is the main reason I bought the Tenni Griso. Dang she is a looker. More power than I'll ever need too.
The new map the guys came up with let the Griso pull from deep in the basement. Around 1000rpm. Idle is at 1200 so I guess from idle up. Not unlike the CB. They have maps for the stock pipe and many of the popular after market pipes. I don't hear my pipe at speed (anything above 55 or so) but when I've done high speed passes of fellow riders they say it sounds pretty good. Stock pipe too.
Guzzi's in general are much freer reving lumps than other V twins. I hit the rev limiter (8500) from time to time, usually on the entrance ramp - I've been known to forget to shift - as the motor does not act like she is sweating or running out of breath. If you run under 4K you are lugging her.
Now that said, it sounds like a lot of rpm's but it certainly does not feel like it. The CB is much more busy at 4K than the Griso. I think it's because of two fewer cylinders firing away. I bet you could get used to it, especially with the new map. But I don't think you are a Griso person (I rarely fit the mold myself!) so don't take that as trying to sell you one.
The Griso is a wild Italian woman that many guys fantasize about; the CB is the one most will marry.

