Test ride MPG

I tried to find out, how I converted and come to the result, that my mpg is the English version. The US one must be round about 50,7l mpg in average, based on 4,64l.
Yesterday my last measured fuel consumption was 5,3l. It has gotten colder outside....

Wisedrum
 
If it helps, there's 0.264172 US gallons in 1 litre and 0.219969 Imperial (or UK) gallons in a litre.

My fuel consumption has got much worse in the city, even riding easily.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
If it helps, there's 0.264172 US gallons in 1 litre and 0.219969 Imperial (or UK) gallons in a litre.

My fuel consumption has got much worse in the city, even riding easily.
I guess that's my concern. I'm primarily a commuter and city rider. Now that I work at a dealership I have less time for real trips. Weekend getaways just about

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
CB500 or NC 700 might suit you better, they are both supposed to get between 60 and 70 mpg, cost less, insurance is less
 
Or a scooter...

What? They are fun :)
 
MPG wise my CB500x gets in the high 60's - lower 70's in the mountains. Rarely run above 60 mph but also never ever on flat ground. Lots of low speed gravel and winding roads. Excellent little bike.
The CB1100 always gets in the lower 50's mpg, just about zero urban riding. On a 1,600 mile trip over the summer I still got 50+ mpg average in all kinds of riding.

Both the CB500x and NC700 are fun bikes, for a daily commuter I'd be tempted by the NC700 due to built in storage and low end. Lots available used at give away prices.

I have no problems with a scooter, see some Bergmans used at excellent prices and if you look hard enough can find one with a sidecar for groceries and dogs. Honda big ruckus is on my radar screen.
 
Thread starter
They don't have that classic look I'm after. It's between the CB and a Triumph

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
And the W800 and W650, but not available in the US and not even in Germany anymore since this year. Only as used ones. They are the most classical looking bike of all the retro ones in my eyes with low fuel consumption and easy to ride. I own one. Something special.

Wisedrum
 
66a96c9eb872ee1f9d343db4516e6206.jpg


-Kirk Out
 
No it isn't. It's not that much of an old English style.
Looks like the W has been twisted around with Photoshop, to show its best
side. In real world it's the other way round. Left is right and right is left.
You all would like to own and ride this bike. It creates its own kind of lovely charm you can not resist and get caugjht by. At least, this is what feel, whenever I look at and ride the W. Somehow similar but different from the CB.

Wisedrum
 
My 59 Sportster had the brake pedal on the left.
 
That's the way the W800 looks like in real life and without Photoshop.
It runs perfectly, even when the temperature is fallen way below 0°, means -8°
this morning.



Looks like a summerday.

Wisedrum
 
Wait a minute, I'm not sloopy hang on.
Don't know, why my pics are always been turned around,
when beeing posted, have an idea?
But now it turned out right.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
After ~6 months of research between the T100 and CB1100, and test rides, I came home with my first Bonnie.

While the CB1100 was very smooth and gave me an insta-grin, the T100 to me had a little more character - pus I could still hear the stock pipes, where the CB1100 was electric-car quiet. One of the other important factors was leg comfort, and I felt less cramped on the T100. I was pleasantly surprised that in my ride home, the seat and suspension didn't seem oh so bad as I'd read about. I'll likely go an inch higher on the seat, though as I'm 6' 2".

I want to thank this forum for also answering any questions and aiding me in my research!

Once my KLR650 sells it's farkle time!

0803b404e4aae6d2e4a81edfe22514a2.jpg
 
Very nice, congrats! Excellent choice. I'm in love with the blue and white 2017 T100 (yours is the prior version, a 2016 T100), but at 6'6" I found it too small for me, even for just running around town.
 
Back
Top