Tell me the truth

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Do you flabby and flaccid guys miss all of the messages that would change your lives and make you into the Dwayne " the Rock" Johnson's of the world? The cremes, the pills, the vitamins.....

Do you miss the spam?

The new software Guth installed seems to be doing it's job rather well making our little forum a bastion of normalcy in the motorcycle forum world. You no longer get to see it, but Guth and I still do and bam...we delete it, and it never makes it to the board. ( just had another one this morning)

I do miss waking up to the witty replies you guys used to post to the spammers, not that they ever saw them, but I did, and many of them made me laugh.
 
I bet you don't miss me hitting the report button :)

There were some funny replies though!
 
I can live without it, it was fun while it lasted, just reading the ridiculous wording of the advertising was hilarious, not that I'm a english major of any sort, it was begging for posting satire, it seemed to annoy some of the members here which wasn't intentional, but some of us have the same type of humor an was able to run with it knowing that it would be deleted come sunrise, I tried to keep it as clean as possible, ( it was very hard though)......
 
The ferret_imp said:
Do you flabby and flaccid guys miss all of the messages that would change your lives and make you into the Dwayne " the Rock" Johnson's of the world? The cremes, the pills, the vitamins.....

Do you miss the spam?

The new software Guth installed seems to be doing it's job rather well making our little forum a bastion of normalcy in the motorcycle forum world. You no longer get to see it, but Guth and I still do and bam...we delete it, and it never makes it to the board. ( just had another one this morning)

I do miss waking up to the witty replies you guys used to post to the spammers, not that they ever saw them, but I did, and many of them made me laugh.

I didn't realize that you guys were doing this.

Thanks for that.. and no, I don't miss what I'm not seeing at all !
 
Nah, I don't miss it. Maybe that's because I sometimes check my spam filter and see what's caught in there.

Just this week, offers for boner pills, testosterone supplements, walk-in bath tubs, Medicare supplemental insurance, ( I guess everyone out there knows I'm a bit over 60! ) - a hello from a supposedly hot, lonely housewife, AND the appearance of still another widowed Nigerian princess who wants to pass along her late husband's fortune TO ME! Yaay!

On a serious note, thank you.
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
Nah, I don't miss it. Maybe that's because I sometimes check my spam filter and see what's caught in there.

Just this week, offers for boner pills, testosterone supplements, walk-in bath tubs, Medicare supplemental insurance, ( I guess everyone out there knows I'm a bit over 60! ) - a hello from a supposedly hot, lonely housewife, AND the appearance of still another widowed Nigerian princess who wants to pass along her late husband's fortune TO ME! Yaay!

On a serious note, thank you.

:rofl: Yaay!
 
I'm glad you found something that allowed you to deal with it before we ever see it. I do all I can to avoid advertising in the first place from the normal sources, so I surely don't want to see it here.
 
I for one am very thankful for not having to see all the advertising. It is actually a pet peeve of mine that this crap seems to be everywhere these days. This forum is one of the rare places where we get a break from it, which only adds to the enjoyment of this great forum. I salute you guys for all the hard work you do for us! :clap: :thanks:

As far as witty comments go, we still have plenty of opportunities for that on this forum!
 
Back
Top