cbdtran_imp
Been there
I love beauty, and attention to details AFTER functionality. Honda put clear coat on many parts of the CB1100, all metal parts are nicely finished and coated. it is a beautiful bike to ride.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I'm fairly certain my next bike will be the cb1100 (I'll most likely keep the bonnie t100 around too). Kinda wish they gave the honda more power though (retro standard bikes used to also be sports bikes, no?). We'll see what honda does in the coming years with the CB and possibly the rumored VFR800. I hear bmw is coming out with a retro classic of their own as well :banana:lola_imp said:Royal Enfield and Moto Guzzi Racer V7 to me are more of a weekend bike. I would not recomend them for daily commuting duties specially if you take the interstate, they are underpowered in my opinion but they are nice to look at . Bought the CB1100 for Commuting duties and before the CB I was totally in love with the Moto Guzzi Griso Tenni SE. Maybe the Griso would be one to think about.
My Friend just bought a Triumph Bonnie Mag version and I did his first Service and man it was a cuss just to get to the oil filter compared to the Cb1100'S Oil Filter location. Plus the CB has a center Stand which makes maintenance such a breeze.
All bikes you"ve mentioned are Great Bikes in there own respect its just at the end of the day its what suits you and your intended use.
Goodluck!
110% Agree!The ferret_imp said:Lol all you guys that think the CB is heavy should get a Hpnda ST 1300 as second bike in the garage. At 717 pounds, coupled with a short sidestand, it is truly a chore to move around by hand in the garage, driveway, parking lot etc. The CB feels like a Schwinn bicycle by comparison.
here is another one...Thanks, I'll try relieving some tension on the chain- still waiting on a usb drive to load a new map on and get rid of the warning light that came on because I removed the O2 sensors.SnowCrash_imp said:Thanks, I'll try relieving some tension on the chain- still waiting on a usb drive to load a new map on and get rid of the warning light that came on because I removed the O2 sensors.SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Came out of a 2011 Bonneville SE to get my CB. My Bonneville had some very nice add on accessories with BC Predator exhaust and Arrow 2 into 2 map. I really loved the bike and the friendships that come along with the Triumph brand. I was able to remove much of the snatchy throttle issues by adjusting the chain to minimum spec and also adjusting the throttle free play to minimum. All that said, there is something about the CB that drew me in from day one. The bike is just a beautiful piece of machinery; much more refine than the Bonneville. If I could own both I would have kept my Bonneville.
The Bonneville is a bit more tossable in the corners but the CB is not bad and has better power. If you decide to go to the CB, I think you will be happy. I will say I still have a warm place in my heart for my Bonneville. One day I will own another or maybe a Thruxton. Good luck with your decision.
I'm a 90's kid, so by the time I was able to get bikes they were mostly all fuel injected, and I sort of prefer keeping it that way since I'm more computer-minded (i.t. guy, not afraid of working with machines).
I'll probably settle on either the honda or the enfield (thruxton is too much like my bonnie to get it as a second bike).
I hear Honda is coming out with some interesting models pretty soon, VFR anyone? :celebrate:
Leaked Document Allegedly Reveals New Honda VFR800F, CTX1300, CBR650F, CB650F and CB250F