Tank slapper bent my rear brake lever

It would be easy to pile on and chastise you for running a bald tire, and I'm not doing that so don't take offence, but this incident could have crippled you or worse.
Please, only run good tires with lots of tread :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I've only had a high speed wobble once in my life.

Coming into my home town, rounding a big sweeping curve, entering about 90mph on my 1973 CB350 at night with my friend on my tail in his yellow VW.

We would race alot and those two were about equal in speed. ;-)

It was a rear wheel wobble for me, pretty scary but I came out of it and lived to ride another day ;-)

I always thought it was because I unweighted the rear wheel de-accelerating coming into that curve that caused it.

I've always said, getting married probably saved my life!
 
egleaves_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
What tires are you running?
Stock Bridgestones, but I'm having a set of Pirelli Sport Demons put on this week.
Stock Bridgestones, but I'm having a set of Pirelli Sport Demons put on this week.
The Bridgestones seem to like to follow pavement grooves more than the Michelins I usually run. I wonder if that tendency contributes to the headshake. Just a thought.
 
Thread starter
New tires are on and I feel like I'm tip-toeing through traffic instead of dragging my feet across the pavement.

On the way to my local stealership I set the stage for a quick experiment. I let go of the bars (at a safe moment) and felt a very slight wobble in the front. Grab the bars and wobble goes away. Similar to something I felt awhile back that I attributed to local road conditions. I repeated the experiment with new tires and as I'm sure you've guessed, no wobble.

i have no doubt that the front tire was the origin of the instability....but I still don't know what was the catalyst for violent wobble.
 
Back
Top