Tanax Barren Neo mirrors

treedoc_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi all, has anyone tried these?

TANAX : BAREN Neo Mirror C [ANC-102]

I couldn't find many reviews, but I found this YouTube vid that has mostly CB1100s of varying degrees of modification displaying their mirrors, which you might enjoy!


I ordered a set of the black round bar end mirrors, a bit under $200 NZD delivered, when they arrive I will post a couple of pics and my impressions.

I don't hate the stock mirrors, but my view is mostly elbow, and these look like they adjust outwards (and inwards for filtering) so worth a shot!

Cheers, treedoc
 
Seems to be a neat design...but vib dampers will be lost or will transfer vib into mirrors when idling, I guess??
 
Thread starter
Well they arrived from Japan yesterday.

It was a bit of stuffing around to fit them, but the end result is worth it IMO.

I have only been to work and back (40km) but the view is heaps better, I can actually see behind me without pulling my elbows in and sticking my head out.

I haven't noticed any difference with vibes with the bar end weights gone, and the image stability/quality is equivalent to the stock mirrors.

Looks are subjective but I rekon they look alright, and they have excellent adjustability.

The downsides are I used to ride with my pinkies over the bar weights, so it has narrowed my stance a bit, and I forgot to put my grip puppies back on, so the grips feel hard and skinny.

f305e83a29ef2fcb9af260346970de73.jpg


7b8a0beaeb9734b845ab51c6c77e04f0.jpg


da1d95d02c1539657f6475dd8690c4b3.jpg


29400be88b9245866fd9a7512bf8e2f3.jpg


a73e873f5fe7a3f593d9ca416a3a5081.jpg


Looking at the pics reminded me to tidy the cables again!
 
They look good!

They don’t just clamp on the bar ends? Do they come with an insert to bolt to?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They look good!

They don’t just clamp on the bar ends? Do they come with an insert to bolt to?
You have to take the bar ends off, they have an insert that expands in the bar to secure them in place.

They come with 2 mounting systems in the box, there is a screw-in type included also which doesn't work with the stock Honda bar.

Quality seems good :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Treedoc. That makes it clear.
 
I put in bar ends on my bike as I can't stand rabbit ear mirrors. Besides, you can see what is behind you in a moments notice. I didn't notice any change in vibes.
 
Back
Top