Apr 25, 2015 #1 Cormanus Administrator Staff member Thread starter Recently I found myself in Tamworth in northern New South Wales. I went in the car so I won't bore you with a travelogue. Tamworth is a largish country city by Australian standards. It is famous for being the first Australian city to have all electric street lighting and, currently, for hosting Australia's largest country music festival in January each year. Anyway, I found myself with not much to do one afternoon and was reminded of the existence of a motorcycle museum. It turned out to be just around the corner from where I was staying, so I went for a look. The [url=http://www.powerhousemotorcyclemuseum.com.au/]Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum houses a modest collection of motorcycles all owned and maintained by a single owner. (Actually I gleaned there are actually 3 or 4 bikes owned by others on display). The owner is said to have a collection of around 200 bikes and is hoping to restore the remainder and display them one day. Here's a random set of photos I took of the collection. It was a hard room to photograph in as the bikes were close together and there was a mirror behind a number of them. We'll start with the K0 CB750 which was amongst the first to be imported to Australia ...
Recently I found myself in Tamworth in northern New South Wales. I went in the car so I won't bore you with a travelogue. Tamworth is a largish country city by Australian standards. It is famous for being the first Australian city to have all electric street lighting and, currently, for hosting Australia's largest country music festival in January each year. Anyway, I found myself with not much to do one afternoon and was reminded of the existence of a motorcycle museum. It turned out to be just around the corner from where I was staying, so I went for a look. The [url=http://www.powerhousemotorcyclemuseum.com.au/]Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum houses a modest collection of motorcycles all owned and maintained by a single owner. (Actually I gleaned there are actually 3 or 4 bikes owned by others on display). The owner is said to have a collection of around 200 bikes and is hoping to restore the remainder and display them one day. Here's a random set of photos I took of the collection. It was a hard room to photograph in as the bikes were close together and there was a mirror behind a number of them. We'll start with the K0 CB750 which was amongst the first to be imported to Australia ...
Apr 25, 2015 #2 flynrider Road warrior Oh my! That is one amazing museum. If there is a heaven, I bet it looks something like that Thanks for the pics, Cormanus!
Oh my! That is one amazing museum. If there is a heaven, I bet it looks something like that Thanks for the pics, Cormanus!
Apr 25, 2015 #3 R Rocky_imp Road warrior WOW, that's a stunning collection of bikes!! Thanks for all the pictures
Apr 25, 2015 #4 C Chapomis_imp Road warrior I would like one of those and one of those and one of those too !
Apr 26, 2015 #7 E Elipten_imp Road warrior Oh my, there must not be much left for anyone else in Oz. Love that revolver grip! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh my, there must not be much left for anyone else in Oz. Love that revolver grip! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Apr 26, 2015 #8 R redbirds_imp Road warrior Amazing collection of motorcycles. I'm glad there are collectors around keeping history on display. Great photos Cormanus.
Amazing collection of motorcycles. I'm glad there are collectors around keeping history on display. Great photos Cormanus.