Tall Windshield

Nortoon, you could contact parabellum to see if they have plans to design a shield for the '17 EX. It still may not fit if you move the turn signals so I would remove the turn signals just to see if the shield can be mounted properly. There's very little room for adjustments.

I have a parabellum shield but it is gathering dust. I found there was just too much wind turbulence at high speeds (70 mph) so I went with the dart flyscreen. I may take it out on a rainy day and cut it down far enough so my helmet is in clean air. After that, it should offer more protection than the dart. I also have a plexistar 3 that's gathering dust. Too much turbulence there too at higher speeds.

I can deal with wind noise (foam ear plugs) but turbulence that causes my helmet to "bobble" is not acceptable.
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
Nortoon, you could contact parabellum to see if they have plans to design a shield for the '17 EX. It still may not fit if you move the turn signals so I would remove the turn signals just to see if the shield can be mounted properly. There's very little room for adjustments.

I have a parabellum shield but it is gathering dust. I found there was just too much wind turbulence at high speeds (70 mph) so I went with the dart flyscreen. I may take it out on a rainy day and cut it down far enough so my helmet is in clean air. After that, it should offer more protection than the dart. I also have a plexistar 3 that's gathering dust. Too much turbulence there too at higher speeds.

I can deal with wind noise (foam ear plugs) but turbulence that causes my helmet to "bobble" is not acceptable.
I found a lot of inexpensive turn signal brackets available on Amazon, so I ordered a set of chrome ones. However removing the signal lights to see if the shield would fit properly is something I will try on a rainy day. There have been lots of those these last two months. I am expecting there will be other adjustments to make so the shield will fit and perform properly.

Odd you would use the word "bobble" because my Bell MAG-9 helmet makes people look like bobble head dolls because is made so wide to hold the sun visor, face shield, speakers, and helmet peak.



I had a California Scientific windscreen on my CB500XA, and never experienced any helmet bobbling. But I have on my CB1100, so I am going to give this screen a good try. This year has also been terrible for bugs and rain.

In fairness my MAG-9 was never a tight fit (like my Shoei) and is now 4 years old. On my last ride I was able to eliminate the bobbling by removing the helmet peak which is redundant because of the sun visor anyway. It was also a great bug trap. Found two dragon fly corpses when I removed it.

I paid the extra $10 to have the screen tinted. I am hoping it will remove the glare from the sun that makes the digital dash impossible to read.

I also ordered the tallest screen hoping it will push the wind blast over my head and eliminate the wind noise. It would be nice to ride in a quiet zone, something I haven't experienced since I sold my Goldwing 28 years ago.
 
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
 
The law of aerodynamics says unless the top of the shield is just below your eyes (or higher so that you are looking thru it) it cannot push the air over your head. Air bounces over and around things but it only bounces so far.

Probably the best full protection shield for a quiet pocket would be a National Cycle Plexifairing (although you might not think that is the best looking shield aesthetically)

Plexifairing™ for Harley-Davidson®
 
Jurlie_imp said:
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
 
TCinNC_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
TCinNC,
The set up you've detailed is the very same one I've had on my CB1100 DLX for the past 4 years. As you mentioned, it works really well because of the wind splitting effect of the added MRA screen, which can be adjusted in multiple directions and with various degrees of tilt to optimize the airflow over and around my head and shoulders. I join you in highly recommending this particular combo set!
-fritz
 
These tall windshields remind me of a high top fade haircut. :rofl:

cb07b382eb090a1f62291a555de85b33.jpg&f=1


 
TCinNC_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
How tall this combo is? Do you look at the road over it or thru it?
 
Jurlie_imp said:
TCinNC_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
How tall this combo is? Do you look at the road over it or thru it?
How tall this combo is? Do you look at the road over it or thru it?
I’m 5’9 and I look over it, as mentioned by others the key is the X-Creen wing which has a multitude of adjustments for every individuals needs. Google MRA X-Creen Touring for more info.
 
Jurlie_imp said:
TCinNC_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Guys could you share your findings? What is the ultimate windshield for the CB1100?
The most quiet and comfortable at highway speeds?
As I said in the beginning of this thread the NC Plexistar 2 with MRA X-Creen Touring wing mounted on top provides excellent wind protection with no buffeting at freeway speeds...
How tall this combo is? Do you look at the road over it or thru it?
How tall this combo is? Do you look at the road over it or thru it? I'm 6'3" and I look over the top of the windshield and X-Creen combo.
-fritz
 
These are IMPOSSIBLE to acquire! 3 sites say "in stock". All 3 cancel and say oops! sorry! on back order a week or so... so after 3 sites, that makes 3 weeks or so!
 
You might call Givi and ask about availability:

North Carolina Location Nevada Location

9309 Forsyth Park Dr. 506 E. Glendale Ave

Charlotte, NC 28273 Sparks, NV 89431

United States United States

(704) 679-4123 (775) 359-0900

Sorry about the listing, the copy and paste formatting didn't work right. North Carolina is the 704 number. NV is the 775 number.
 
I have a PS2 shield on my '14 Std. However, there is a space from the bottom curve (above the headlight) to the top of the headlight of about 4". I have the bottom of the shield about 1/4" above the turn signals. I've lived with this for several years. Looking at the turn signal brackets last night I may have found a way to lower the windshield down onto the top of the headlight by using the lower bolt in the headlight bracket only to remount the turn signals. This would gain me about 3" elimination of the air hole. Any thoughts to this?
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
The best for not wind .. is a GoldWing .. or my car. I rember that’s a motorcycle naked..
This is one the mark of CB1100 ...
I don't disagree but my Goldwing was terribly heavy and hard to handle, so I sold it.
 
White Dog_imp said:
I have a PS2 shield on my '14 Std. However, there is a space from the bottom curve (above the headlight) to the top of the headlight of about 4". I have the bottom of the shield about 1/4" above the turn signals. I've lived with this for several years. Looking at the turn signal brackets last night I may have found a way to lower the windshield down onto the top of the headlight by using the lower bolt in the headlight bracket only to remount the turn signals. This would gain me about 3" elimination of the air hole. Any thoughts to this?
Well if you lower the bottom you will also lower the top which could increase spill over and buffeting. Everything is a compromise.
 
Back
Top