Taking apart my Blueskysea dashcam model DV988

17-CB-002

Been there
Thread starter
My dashcam stopped working after I inserted the memory card. It seemed that the memory card went in sideway and fell into the casing.
So I had the choice to take it apart or worst dispose of it completely.

Armed with a jewellers screw driver kit, I took a chance, removed all the screws (16) and rubber plugs and separated the two shell. Located the memory card lying at the bottom under the printed circuit, using a tweezer I cautiously retrieve it out and then put everything back together with no extra screws/plugs left over :rolleyes:

After installing the dashcam back on the bike, I successfully tested and confirm for proper operation. :banana:




 
Brave man, Alain.
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
My dashcam stopped working after I inserted the memory card. It seemed that the memory card went in sideway and fell into the casing.
So I had the choice to take it apart or worst dispose of it completely.

Armed with a jewellers screw driver kit, I took a chance, removed all the screws (16) and rubber plugs and separated the two shell. Located the memory card lying at the bottom under the printed circuit, using a tweezer I cautiously retrieve it out and then put everything back together with no extra screws/plugs left over :rolleyes:

After installing the dashcam back on the bike, I successfully tested and confirm for proper operation. :banana:
What the?
 
Yeah, could you show us EXACTLY how you did that? :P

Cause I have one of those and don't want that to happen. :s
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, could you show us EXACTLY how you did that? :P

Cause I have one of those and don't want that to happen. :s
Mi Lord, Alain showed me his pics and dash cam today with the memory card inside... you'd better not to play with it EXACTLY how he did..:P:D
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, could you show us EXACTLY how you did that? :P

Cause I have one of those and don't want that to happen. :s
Hi LP, no need to worry too much.
Only precaution required is to take your time to insert it "straight" down into the slot and with proper lighting to see what you are doing.
My DashCam control module is positioned at an angle so that I can view the screen while riding, so under dim lighting condition I inserted the memory card sideways into the slot and missed. If not careful it will miss the correct point of entry and drop into an empty slot.
I always take the memory card out of the dashcam to download the pictures faster on my computer and I got caught this time :@
 
Back
Top