Tail/Seat Bags

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Thought I would start a thread on this accessory since most people have or want one. I just received a Nelson Rigg CL-1060 and think it fits and looks great on the CB1100, it's probably made for short or local trips, not high volume over night camping. I did not like their mounting straps so just went with 2 simple bungee cords as shown in below picture.
aed8123f9dbcb6ca2a9448d7ac6f5257.JPG



Revzilla did a price match of $60 for me.

Motorcycle Accessories - RevZilla
 
Mine is not the most elegant of solutions, but it is waterproof.

Dry bag from REI with a cargo net. Total cost: about $30

[/img]
 
Bilt tank bag, (cheapie), and Sedici Venetto tail bag. The bungee setup that comes with this bag works very well with the grab rail bolts. I use this set up on my afternoon courier route, and will use it for day/weekend trips. I travel light.

Picture was taken before the National Cycle Deflector screen, oddly enough, I don't seem to have a pic that includes all three, even though I use all three at least 3 or 4 times a week on the courier job.



Bike with the shield and tail bag, no tank bag.
[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/2014-02-21180628_zpsf797f077.jpg.html]
 
HikerToo_imp said:
And out in the sun....seems to have less drag than my side bags!
I really like this Nelson Rigg bag, but does anybody knows if standard A4 paper/folder fits in it?
 
I got the first gear seat tail bag I took the metal clamp of the bungee cord made it shorter on both of them cut about 2 inches off burnt with a solider gun put clamps back on and tight bungee cords !!
Michael


3 rights make a left
60a5487e9dfd537aecbdcca9b4bbd89e.jpg



3 rights make a left
 
redbirds_imp said:
Anyone on the forum have the Road Gear Euro-sport Jumbo bag? 50L capacity.

http://roadgear.com/euro-sport-jumbo-hauler-p-72.html
Yes. Had one years ago. Was ok. no stiffeners or reinforcements so bag only takes shape of whats in it. Was good quality and had a good cover. I tend to use bags that are stiff and hold their shape now. still looking and trying to decide on a tank bag.Bike came with a tail rack so I installed a COOCase on sale from Twisted Throttle. It is detachable and I won't have it on all the time as I am not a rear case fan.
 
CBXBob_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Anyone on the forum have the Road Gear Euro-sport Jumbo bag? 50L capacity.

http://roadgear.com/euro-sport-jumbo-hauler-p-72.html
Yes. Had one years ago. Was ok. no stiffeners or reinforcements so bag only takes shape of whats in it. Was good quality and had a good cover. I tend to use bags that are stiff and hold their shape now. still looking and trying to decide on a tank bag.Bike came with a tail rack so I installed a COOCase on sale from Twisted Throttle. It is detachable and I won't have it on all the time as I am not a rear case fan.
Yes. Had one years ago. Was ok. no stiffeners or reinforcements so bag only takes shape of whats in it. Was good quality and had a good cover. I tend to use bags that are stiff and hold their shape now. still looking and trying to decide on a tank bag.Bike came with a tail rack so I installed a COOCase on sale from Twisted Throttle. It is detachable and I won't have it on all the time as I am not a rear case fan.
Thanks for the info Bob. Without something built into retain shape the Road Gear is out for me.

For a tank bag, I'm using my Triumph Bag that was on my Tiger 1050. It works well on the CB and has a non scratch lower surface that protects the tank as long as it's kept clean.

811cf7ac4b5d125bc01d6af55c839f5f.jpg


My wife has a Cortech bag on her V-strom that can be had as a magnetic or a strap on. Very roomy and expandable.

f73f7eeafab01da9a2cef3806fe98f59.jpg
 
Thread starter
Ridem32
[/QUOTE]
Where did you get your front fairing ? Nice color match! Did you it painted or did it come painted?
Michael
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for late response, must have missed this.
Its the Comet fairing from Samurider website, about $400, comes color matched if you want.
 
Back
Top