Synthetic oil & clutch operation

Rogerdj_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
It might be my imagination but.... I have changed the oil from Semi Synthetic 10-30W to fully Synthetic 10-40W. I have been for one ride only of around 200kms with a bit of in town time, it seemed to me the clutch take up had become quite short in comparison from what it used to be (so from clutch level full in against handgrip to when bike was smoothly moving the lever movement seems short and close to handgrip end rather than over length of level throw).
I have before this bleed the clutch master cylinder so its air free and has new fluid in it.
Has anyone noticed any difference when doing similar oil wise?
 
Are you saying you bled the clutch at the same time as this oil change? If you did and now have fresh clutch fluid one might expect it to operate on less of a lever movement if the old fluid was in poor shape, maybe holding a little air.
 
Just to clarify, you said you bled the master cyl. You did do the bleeding at the slave cyl. correct?
 
Thread starter
Ok thanks everyone for the input, I have fixed my imagination..
At same time as I changed the oil, I fitted a set of Grip Puppies on top of my Oxford Hot Grips. I removed them for ride today and issue has gone so seems the grip puppies make the grip to big for my hands and give less control of clutch in particular.
Lesson learnt....
 
Back
Top