Elipten_imp
Road warrior
It sure, you maybe not!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Down with a head cold, dont' like to ride unless I feel up to it. But I went over the bike real carefully yesterday, weird way to adjust the chain. There's the axle nut which you remove entirely (you gotta insert a #2 Phillips screwdriver through the opposite end to hold it) and then another larger nut ~30mm which also has to be loosened. Then it is adjusted with the typical threaded rods.use2b_imp said:" Might ride it tomorrow " ?
thought you would be way down the road by now and not let the oil get cold for days.
congrats , new toys are so much fun and good report.
Yep, like Yugo, or many others. It's really marketed to the scooter crowd but it's a true classic motorcycle.Capo_imp said:Big part of the problem is the fact that it's a 'Sym.' Terrible name, zero brand awareness, advertising, recognizable heritage, or dealership support. In the fickle US market, those things are critical. Maybe not to us cognoscenti, but to broader consumer base. Success will, hopefully, come in time, as bikes like this deserve to do well.
I recall one of my neighbors in the late '90's, pulling up in his new Daewoo Leganza. I couldn't help chuckling...Who let that name happen???
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, they have two positions, they can be rotated forward about 5 degrees, I just notices. It just turns SO quickly but I'm getting used to it. Very fun around town but I'd not take it anywhere traffic is moving fast.Capo_imp said:Cool, I like the clip ons above the tree!
I think there are a lot of aftermarket parts from Taiwanese sources. It feels pretty good to me the way it is, the rubber on the pegs is quite solid, and the bars are high enough to be pretty comfortable. Long legs probably would be cramped but who rides a bike like this for more than 45 minutes at a time?Papa Weeley_imp said:Cool little bike. They carry them at my local Honda dealer.
How's the riding position with the clip-ons, and (what appears to be) standard-position mounted footpegs???
Do they offer rearsets?


As a pit bike, yep. This thing is perfect for toting along with an RV. It don't like leaning over too far with that suspension. I wonder what could be done, though. Fork upgrades, Works shocks, vintage race rubber, probably do pretty good on a go-kart track or mini-bike race.4 Paws_imp said:Gonna take it to the track just for fun?
Rolls_imp said:Super cool!

So far, so good!Manhick_imp said:That thing is awesome.