Switched Live - 2017 MY onwards

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
I am going to add some small bullet LED's to the engine bars on my 2018EX to increase other road users visibility of me. They will be always on so I don't need a handlebar switch which will save on wiring runs. I will power them off a relay which will be switched from a 12v source only on ignition. I was about to ask the forum for the best location of the switched live but thought I would do some investigating first.

Under the left hand side panel there were two wires marked "switched live for accessories". Well that was quick, thankyou previous owner and/or the dealer! That saved me a load of hassle and is in a good spot for my relay and cable runs. These cables come out of the Honda 4-way Sumitomo block which I take everyone has? I just don't know if these two cables are standard or have been added by someone else, they look factory.

Right, off to by a four way automotive relay with a Diode.

 
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
Excellent! I had previously used a headlight connector in my Africa twin to provide power to extra, non Honda, LED light set and they handily provide an input back on the same connector to illuminate the fog icon in the dash.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
 
I’ll have to look as I can’t remember. I think its 10amp, but IS shared with something. I’ll look at the wiring diagram shortly.

I’d look now, but I’m still waiting for Santa to bring me a Trail 125. Don’t know why he hasn’t come by :D
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I’ll have to look as I can’t remember. I think its 10amp, but IS shared with something. I’ll look at the wiring diagram shortly.

I’d look now, but I’m still waiting for Santa to bring me a Trail 125. Don’t know why he hasn’t come by :D
:D that's going to be great, maybe Santa had to move a few things round in the sleigh to fit it in and he's running late. Cheers, no rush on the info, the day it is an all! Have a great one.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
Alain, you are very kind, much obliged. :beerchug:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I’ll have to look as I can’t remember. I think its 10amp, but IS shared with something. I’ll look at the wiring diagram shortly.

I’d look now, but I’m still waiting for Santa to bring me a Trail 125. Don’t know why he hasn’t come by :D
hey LP,
Since you were busy, I already took care of it.

Enjoy your new bike :biker: :biker:

Regards
Alain
 
Santa didn’t bring it. :(
 
He didn’t bring the fridge either. No fridge, no bike. Santa doesn’t like me. ;)
 
As you see, he just couldn't make it........

620fdc816f7a24a610f31ad05c7c8495.gif

:P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
He didn’t bring the fridge either. No fridge, no bike. Santa doesn’t like me. ;)
Lord Popgun , do not worry Santa might not LIKE you but I am certain that he HATES me ! I tried to be good all year but it never seems to work out .
 
Tev62_imp said:
Alain Lee_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There is a switched accessory connector in the headlight shell and in the location you found.
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
Alain, you are very kind, much obliged. :beerchug:
Do you know what current they are rated at and what fused circuit they come off by any chance?
Since LP is busy by the fireplace waiting for Santa to drop down by the chimney to deliver his new toy, please allow me to give you the required info for the power.

The "option" power is supplied via a 10A "OP" fuse or "K" designation in the Honda wiring.
Inside the headlight bucket the 2-pin dummy connector wire colour is "Black/Brown" for +12v and "Green" for ground and the same colour applies for the 4-Pin Dummy connector behind the left side cover.
Note: The 4-pin connector has 2 other wires; One is for the OBD2 communication wire.
Regards
Alain
Alain, you are very kind, much obliged. :beerchug:

I forgot to mention that one can purchase the headlight bucket 2-Pin connector male/female from the internet. -
Check this tread. 2017 CB1100EX Accessory Plugs
Alain
 
To paraphrase—if that’s Santa’s idea of Christmas I gotta be there for New Years! :D
 
OK boyz, stop whining....you'll get what you've ordered: a new fridge and a small 125cc motorcycle go to Virginia Beach and a complete Pipemasters exhaust 4 into 4 sytem ships to an Asheville resident.... but don't bother trying to get me upset again next year with your expensive order. Some small boys would be happy with a single lolly pop or wooden blocks.... I am still stuck at the US border :)
Santa
 
Back
Top