Switch to Harley Davidson Heritage Classic

franov_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
hi guys,

as an owner of a 2019 EX, I was starting to wonder on replacing my baby to an Harley Davidson Heritage Classic.. what are your thoughts about it?
 
That's totally subjective, of course. Just depends on what kind of bike you want. Vintage Honda look, or vintage Harley look.
The riding experience will be different too, obviously, so if that's what you'd rather have than a CB1100, that's what I'd think would drive the decision.

As for the price of a new Heritage Classic, the MSRP is the same as what I paid for my last new car (2015), so your budget will be a factor as well...
 
Got to ride what you think will make you happy. I love my CB.
 
m in sc_imp said:
I absolutely hate HD's. I've ridden them, worked on them, and they do 2 things well: burn up super slab miles really well, when stock, and depreciate in value. I mean.. it depends how you ride and what you want out of it. If you want a tourer to fart around on for very long periods of time, have at it. I'm not sure how the market in italy is, so your results may vary. But if it suits you, get it. You'll miss the CB, thats for sure.
The ferret_imp said:
Got to ride what you think will make you happy. I love my CB.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey, franov, ya! No!
^^+1 ^^
 
The ferret_imp said:
Got to ride what you think will make you happy. I love my CB.
This.
 
In Europe Harley's are overpriced to my mind, they still attract a 20% import duty if I'm not mistaken? But, I would say the Harley Social Scene, HOG, is probably one of the best organised around and if meeting with fellow riders and getting involved in the social scene is your thing then it would be hard to beat.
 
I can relate, partially. My wife was making noises about riding with me, again, and I wanted her to, but not on the CB. I wanted a bagger for comfort and asked a friend of mine who owns a bike shop. He siad to get a Yamaha V-Star 1300, the best bagger Japan puts out. I found a very nice low mileage black one locally, made an offer, and viola! Now I have a bagger, too. Smooth with that V-twin Cobra pipe rumble, comfortable, fast enough for me, windshield. Love it.
 
Ride what you love!

I miss the Progressive IMS shows when they passed through our county fairgrounds. Good opportunity to demo ride different brands of bikes. I got cruisers out of my system years ago, ending with a VTX1800, but I'd love to demo the Harleys. It's a very visceral feel, and I get the attraction. Looking at the prices kept my rides to demos only, but if I had unlimited space and resources, I'd have one.

Good luck on your sale of the Honda. How is HD support in Italy?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ride what you love!

I miss the Progressive IMS shows when they passed through our county fairgrounds. Good opportunity to demo ride different brands of bikes. I got cruisers out of my system years ago, ending with a VTX1800, but I'd love to demo the Harleys. It's a very visceral feel, and I get the attraction. Looking at the prices kept my rides to demos only, but if I had unlimited space and resources, I'd have one.

Good luck on your sale of the Honda. How is HD support in Italy?
Thanks a lot! Actually, Harley is very big in Italy and the dealer network is very ramified and with lots of experience too: my local one i guess it’s open since the ‘80s, always been an official HD Dealer since then
 
Interesting! I'm not well versed on Harley support in other countries. I guess that makes sense, it's quite a popular brand.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I wonder what kind of social scene. Initiation costs and acts of loyalty?
Over in Europe Harley ownership is more associated with affluent motorcyclists rather than "bikers", It's all very civilised.
 
franov_imp said:
just tried the HD today: what a blast! loved it and for sure I'm gonna buy it knowing myself.. in the meantime, I've chose to sell my EX, here's the link on the post I did on the forum :)

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18962

Have you looked a Low Rider S or ST? The ST comes with panniers as well and two things both the S and ST have that I would prefer over a Heritage are tubeless cast wheels and twin rotors on the front.
 
Ollie_imp said:
franov_imp said:
just tried the HD today: what a blast! loved it and for sure I'm gonna buy it knowing myself.. in the meantime, I've chose to sell my EX, here's the link on the post I did on the forum :)

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18962

Have you looked a Low Rider S or ST? The ST comes with panniers as well and two things both the S and ST have that I would prefer over a Heritage are tubeless cast wheels and twin rotors on the front.
I'll 2nd that, the Low Rider ST looks excellent.
 
Thread starter
really nice looking bike, but I have something for retro-looks on my motorcycles... this is why I ended up with the CB at first, and exactly why I chose the Heritage Classic.
also, it's way more suited for a pillion, my GF will thank me :)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Interesting! I'm not well versed on Harley support in other countries. I guess that makes sense, it's quite a popular brand.
My favorite rental bike for multi-day street rides with friends in distant places has been an H-D Street Glide. On our last ride, some years ago, the group came down to SoCal, so I rode my Yamaha FJR 1300. Due to a list of small things going south, I had an unplanned get-off out in Toolieville that involved five days in a hospital. I considered hanging up my jacket, but since it was my own fault, I decided that it could be corrected, and kept riding. Lesson learned, and so far, so good.
 
i got them both: a CB and a Harley, and I like them both in different ways. Nothing wrong with a Harley, if it’s within your budget.
 
Back
Top