Survey From The Motorcycle Industry Council

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Anyone else get one of these surveys from the MIC? Enclosed with the eight page, 86 question survey, was the princely sum of One Dollar in cold, hard, U.S. currency. Oh, and the survey reeked of that cheap dime store perfume that grandma would bathe in. They must of had the envelopes stuffed at the local Bingo Hall on a slow night! :@ (Oh well, at least they provided a link and access code to fill out the survey online. But my hands still stink!)

The survey asked all sorts of questions as to whether or not I liked my recent CB1100 purchase. Every thing from ergonomics to service at the dealer, to satisfaction with price paid was queried. Basically I told them my only complaints this far were that the seat gets uncomfortable after an hour and a half, and a lack of accessories. I can't/won't argue about price because I feel the CB1100 is one of the best built bikes out there, and it costs far less than a H-D. (Not that there is anything wrong with H-D, I may own one myself someday. ;))

So, who else has gotten the survey?
 
I got one on my 13, but not for the 14. Can't remember what I did with the dollar lol
 
Just arrived in today's mail - I didn't bother to look at it - assumed it was a bogus MC insurance come-on. I'll take a close look now that I know it'll be well worth my while.

Looking forward to reeking of cheap perfume...
 
Got it here too. Filled it out, shipped it, and kept the dollar. Must have had a different grandma stuff mine, no perfume.
 
I'm always leery of sending info in or online web forms......afraid its just another company that has more info than needed or could possibly sell to other companies.
Could be the IT in me coming out....
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
Got it here too. Filled it out, shipped it, and kept the dollar. Must have had a different grandma stuff mine, no perfume.

Lucky You!!! :rofl:
The ferret_imp said:
I got one on my 13, but not for the 14. Can't remember what I did with the dollar lol
Sure Mickey, probably ended up in some strippers G-String!:rofl:
 
Wow. You guys just put a dollar in my pocket. After reading this thread I went out to my recycle bin and found the envelope. I had tossed it thinking it was junk mail. :blush:
 
Quote:Oh, and the survey reeked of that cheap dime store perfume that grandma would bathe in. They must of had the envelopes stuffed at the local Bingo Hall on a slow night!
Bloody hell mate, you don't spare anyone do you? All my girlfriends use 4711. There's nothing like the smell of Eau de Cologne in the morning. It smells of ....of.......wait, let's not go there.

Cheers
 
Short Timer_imp said:
Wow. You guys just put a dollar in my pocket. After reading this thread I went out to my recycle bin and found the envelope. I had tossed it thinking it was junk mail. :blush:
Don't praise us too much for finding you a dollar. When all's said and done, we'll probably be responsible for you buying maybe 1-2 grand in farkles. :D
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Short Timer_imp said:
Wow. You guys just put a dollar in my pocket. After reading this thread I went out to my recycle bin and found the envelope. I had tossed it thinking it was junk mail. :blush:
Don't praise us too much for finding you a dollar. When all's said and done, we'll probably be responsible for you buying maybe 1-2 grand in farkles. :D
Don't praise us too much for finding you a dollar. When all's said and done, we'll probably be responsible for you buying maybe 1-2 grand in farkles. :D
Geez, mate, it's OK to accept responsibility for helping find him a dollar; but it's not down to you if he blows it all on farkles. Of course, if you want take on that burden, I'll spend up big and refer the financial director to you! :D
 
This place does sorta convince you that you NEED to buy some stuff for your bike lol
 
Damfino_imp said:
Anyone else get one of these surveys from the MIC? Enclosed with the eight page, 86 question survey, was the princely sum of One Dollar in cold, hard, U.S. currency. Oh, and the survey reeked of that cheap dime store perfume that grandma would bathe in. They must of had the envelopes stuffed at the local Bingo Hall on a slow night! :@ (Oh well, at least they provided a link and access code to fill out the survey online. But my hands still stink!)

The survey asked all sorts of questions as to whether or not I liked my recent CB1100 purchase. Every thing from ergonomics to service at the dealer, to satisfaction with price paid was queried. Basically I told them my only complaints this far were that the seat gets uncomfortable after an hour and a half, and a lack of accessories. I can't/won't argue about price because I feel the CB1100 is one of the best built bikes out there, and it costs far less than a H-D. (Not that there is anything wrong with H-D, I may own one myself someday. ;))

So, who else has gotten the survey?
Maybe its time to take closer notice of your Post Office delivery person?
 
I got one for my Nc700X purchase last year. I took the dollar, and did not fill the survey out. I have not received one yet for my CB1100, but I will be sure to put that dollar in the gas tank like the last one :)
 
Clearly, some of you blokes are getting lucky and some aren't.
 
Used my survey as a sounding board to myself and was pleased with how skilled I am on a motorcycle and how much I love my CB11.
 
Back
Top