SURPRISE!!

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My son Francisco is in the Navy. Until a couple of days ago he was stationed in San Diego, now reassigned to Norfolk. He told us (his mom and me) he needs to report to Norfolk on June 19th.

He showed up at home last night. Awesome surprise! This morning he left the house to go wash 3,000 miles of bugs off of his car's snout but instead ended up with a new bike.

2016, zero mile, Triumph Street Twin.



This kid...
:D
 
Very nice indeed. Ditto on the gratitude for his service!!! - They made some nice changes to this baby Bonnie with traction control and abs, a great exhaust note, and plush suspension.
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Very cool surprise! Is he joining us for the rally? It's in VA, after all.
Trying to convince him but seems he wants to milk every second of being home and have 3 daily squares of Mami's cooking.
 
Nemo_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Very cool surprise! Is he joining us for the rally? It's in VA, after all.
Trying to convince him but seems he wants to milk every second of being home and have 3 daily squares of Mami's cooking.
Trying to convince him but seems he wants to milk every second of being home and have 3 daily squares of Mami's cooking.
Plus that "bunch of old guys sitting around farting" thing. :rofl:
 
Nice bike. He did well, Nemo.
 
Oh, very nice. Your son will get many happy miles on that one I'll bet. Congrats to him for the new bike and his service in the military.:thumbsup:
 
Nice..congrats! Should give him a couple years of enjoyment before he moves up to a CB 1100 ...whaaaaaaaaaaat? I couldn't believe the stock exhaust note on those. Wow.
 
Nemo,

Is he an Airedale or a blackshoe? If an airedale is he going to be at the FRC Norfolk?
 
Make sure he reports back on long term ownership. Very interested in what he thinks of the bike after having it a spell. I hear good things about these bikes. I'm very impressed with the Thruxton R.
 
Thread starter
With my boy at sea I get to "look after" his Street Twin and today I took it out for a short leg stretch. It's so different than my CB! It's low, skinny, and the engine has a completely different "personality". It also looks very different than when he bought it. He's a tinkerer, like "papi".



:beerchug:
 
Lessee... Painted the fork ears and the tank, uh..rlets,..uh small shield, uh screen on headlight. Anything else?

Wait, I see more... Grips and turn signals
 
I'm sure you'll take good care of Fran's toy while he is at sea. I can see it now when he gets home, what the H--L did you do to my bike? :rofl:
 
Back
Top