flynrider
Road warrior
Thread starter
With all this nice weather in AZ I had to take advantage of it. Since it was warming up in the mountains, I decided to take a ride up the back roads to Prescott, AZ.
Yarnell Hill is a favorite of AZ racer boys. It's about a 5 mile, 1500 ft. climb up the side of a mountain. The road is twisty, wide and has no oncoming traffic. As such it attracts a lot of attention from sport bikers and cops. A state cop had about a dozen of them pulled over as I started up. I followed this surprisingly sedate ZX-14 all the way up.
After getting to the top, I found myself behind this Polaris Slingshot. Not sure if that is motorcycling, but it looks like fun.
As I climbed, the temperature started cooling off and the road got twistier.
Stopped for a stretch and the obiligatory CB11 pic.
Just outside of Prescott the climb topped out at around 6,100 ft. The temp was still in the mid 60s!
After rolling into Prescott at around 2:00 I pulled into the town square for a bit of people watching, then hopped back on the bike for the ride home. Nothing interesting to see there as I took slab route home. Total was 235 miles and about 4.5 hrs. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
Yarnell Hill is a favorite of AZ racer boys. It's about a 5 mile, 1500 ft. climb up the side of a mountain. The road is twisty, wide and has no oncoming traffic. As such it attracts a lot of attention from sport bikers and cops. A state cop had about a dozen of them pulled over as I started up. I followed this surprisingly sedate ZX-14 all the way up.
After getting to the top, I found myself behind this Polaris Slingshot. Not sure if that is motorcycling, but it looks like fun.
As I climbed, the temperature started cooling off and the road got twistier.
Stopped for a stretch and the obiligatory CB11 pic.
Just outside of Prescott the climb topped out at around 6,100 ft. The temp was still in the mid 60s!
After rolling into Prescott at around 2:00 I pulled into the town square for a bit of people watching, then hopped back on the bike for the ride home. Nothing interesting to see there as I took slab route home. Total was 235 miles and about 4.5 hrs. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon!