Sunday morning

Great photos, Grinton. Looks like a good ride, too. Thanks.
 
I love looking at photos of Europe. So historic. I also love how motorcyclists all over the world cherish these Honda inline 4 's.

Thanks Grinton
 
That's a pretty rare RE5 even among RE5's. First year model with the space pod instrument case that slid open to reveal the instruments. Later models came out with the standard dual round gauges. Real unusual exhaust note that rotary.

Very cool.
 
Great photos. I remember when my local Suzuki dealer got their first Wankel RE5. It sat in the showroom for years, too radical a concept at the time.
That CBX is my favorite photo. I would like to see Honda make a modern version of this bike with liquid cooling, kind of a high performance sport-tourer with an upright riding position.
 
I had no idea anyone made a rotary engined bike. I knew a bloke once who put a Mazda rotary in a sidecar outfit for racing. The CB500 is, in my opinion, the best looking of those bikes. They were lovely machines.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I had no idea anyone made a rotary engined bike. I knew a bloke once who put a Mazda rotary in a sidecar outfit for racing. The CB500 is, in my opinion, the best looking of those bikes. They were lovely machines.
The first one to the market was the Hercules W-2000 from a German company: Hercules W 2000 – Wikipedia

It was ugly, expensive, with bad mpg and a lot of problems. So it didn't succeed. However, in the late 70th about 1,800 of this bike were sold in Germany.
 
In late 80's Norton also made a rotary engined bike.
 
Lovely shots Grinton. All those lovely old bikes AND 3 x CB1100s. :banana:
 
Yea you don't see many Gilera's around theses days.
 
Back
Top