Sunday morning spot o tea by the lake

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Woke up to just a beautiful Sunday morning. Clear, 68 degrees. Took off early and headed for the lake. You've all seen the pics of the roads, left curves, right curves, up hill, down hill so I won't post those. Just a couple from this mornings stop.

By the lake, watching the sun come up with my thermos of tea



if you look closely you can see a family down there fishing.

I really like my color matched headlight bucket and chrome instrument covers I got from Mr T. Kind of an extravagant purchase for me, but well worth it IMO

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20014_zpssv0d8zr8.jpg.html]

Yesterday I had painted an old plastic chrome lic plate frame satin black. I kind of like it, but the frame is too thick. I want to get one like Chip Beck has. I think his looks good. Not sure about mine.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20009_zps8w2ra8pp.jpg.html]

while sitting there drinking my tea I zoomed in on the family and snapped what I thought was a pretty good pic. They soon finished fishing after being skunked, and as they walked past I told them about the pic, showed it to them and offered to send it to them if they wanted. Guy says curtly "I don't have an email". Well, ok then. Guess guys on motorcycles scare them, even pretty red ones. So I'll let you enjoy it. I like how they are kind of silhouetted against the glimmering water which is kind of choppy.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20012_zpsvxwmejpj.jpg.html]

Finished my tea, and had a great return ride home thru those same curves and hills, only running them backwards from the morning ride.

Anyhow, back home from the rally and enjoying my favorite local roads again. Life is good.
 
Nice pictures ferret. I do like the family by the lake one. Perfect for one of them life encouraging quotes. I can see you on the license plate photo (Where is Waldo?) Were you wearing the helmet when you asked? I'd be creeped out too. :s
 
Great pictures ferret.
It was a beautiful day to ride, the wife and I went out for a 60 mile ride today. Doesn't sound like much but its pretty much the first time we've rode 2 up on a motorcycle that didn't have knobby tires and a kick start haha!!

And fwiw I definitely would have exchanged emails because that's a really cool picture of that family
 
Sounds like a perfect Sunday morning. I'm about to meet my brother and his fiancé for brunch and I'm trying to convince my wife that we should take the CB. She's not having it because the helmet messes up her hair and leaves a red mark on her forehead. Sheesh. Other than commuting to work, I haven't gotten in a decent ride for a while now. I had big plans of attending the Steve McQueen Car & Motorcycle Show in Chino Hills yesterday but attended a memorial service for a good friend's mother who unexpectedly passed instead.

I'm guessing your approach to the gentleman may have caused him alarm. "Hello. I've been watching you and your family. I took a picture of you and your kids. If you'll give me your email address, I'll send it to you. Oh, no email address? That's ok, I'll drop off a hard copy later. No, no need, I know where you live."
 
What a idyllic way to start a Sunday morning. Really like the images of the water and fishing family. I just got finished mowing 4 acres of grass but my mower has a Honda motor.
 
Thread starter
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Sounds like a perfect Sunday morning. I'm about to meet my brother and his fiancé for brunch and I'm trying to convince my wife that we should take the CB. She's not having it because the helmet messes up her hair and leaves a red mark on her forehead. Sheesh. Other than commuting to work, I haven't gotten in a decent ride for a while now. I had big plans of attending the Steve McQueen Car & Motorcycle Show in Chino Hills yesterday but attended a memorial service for a good friend's mother who unexpectedly passed instead.

I'm guessing your approach to the gentleman may have caused him alarm. "Hello. I've been watching you and your family. I took a picture of you and your kids. If you'll give me your email address, I'll send it to you. Oh, no email address? That's ok, I'll drop off a hard copy later. No, no need, I know where you live."
sheesh women! :rolleyes:

I guess in this day and age some people might think like that. It was perfectly harmless. I was just being the nice guy that I am. Their loss. Different world. Hard to comprehend for a country guy like me.
 
Great pictures, especially the one that they rejected. It takes all kinds, I guess. I would opt for the thinner frame (I already have, actually), but your paint job looks good.

May have to fill a thermos (with coffee) and head out early some morning. Great way to start the day.
 
Ferret, a ride then a cup of Tea from the Thermos now that is the way to start a day. Only two weeks till we have our winter solstices here and I will be in PNG, Madang on the way south will drop into Thursday Island ( I recall the picture of the Pub being posted some time ago). The weekend following the solstice I'll endeavour to ride to Wilsons Promontory its the most southern point of the Australian main land with my Thermos of Tea. Will have a go at enclosing a photo then.

Regards
 
The ferret_imp said:
Woke up to just a beautiful Sunday morning. Clear, 68 degrees. Took off early and headed for the lake. You've all seen the pics of the roads, left curves, right curves, up hill, down hill so I won't post those. Just a couple from this mornings stop.

By the lake, watching the sun come up with my thermos of tea



if you look closely you can see a family down there fishing.

I really like my color matched headlight bucket and chrome instrument covers I got from Mr T. Kind of an extravagant purchase for me, but well worth it IMO

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20014_zpssv0d8zr8.jpg.html]

Yesterday I had painted an old plastic chrome lic plate frame satin black. I kind of like it, but the frame is too thick. I want to get one like Chip Beck has. I think his looks good. Not sure about mine.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20009_zps8w2ra8pp.jpg.html]

while sitting there drinking my tea I zoomed in on the family and snapped what I thought was a pretty good pic. They soon finished fishing after being skunked, and as they walked past I told them about the pic, showed it to them and offered to send it to them if they wanted. Guy says curtly "I don't have an email". Well, ok then. Guess guys on motorcycles scare them, even pretty red ones. So I'll let you enjoy it. I like how they are kind of silhouetted against the glimmering water which is kind of choppy.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20June%207%202015%20012_zpsvxwmejpj.jpg.html]

Finished my tea, and had a great return ride home thru those same curves and hills, only running them backwards from the morning ride.

Anyhow, back home from the rally and enjoying my favorite local roads again. Life is good.

I have to admit, pretty red guys on motorcycles make me a little nervous too. :D

Great pics, Ferret!
 
Nice report, Ferret. I like the rejected photo too.
 
We live in a different world these days.
The news is full of stories about child abduction, deviants, kidnapping and pedophiles so it's no wonder people are leery of strangers - especially those who are taking pictures of them and their family.
As innocent and well meaning as your gesture was, his refusal is understandable and I would have refused too.
It's a sad commentary on present day society.
 
Back
Top