Summer ride in Western Massachusetts

Cormanus_imp said:
Thank you, Ferret, for the expression 'toad strangler'. I don't think we have it down under, but we should.
:D It's not a common phrase here either and that's probably the first time I've heard it ;)
 
Some people also say frog strangler. It means really heavy rain lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Some people also say frog strangler. It means really heavy rain lol
LOL, thank you. I was guessing that it was some sort of cramped vehicle, Gremlin or Pinto came to mind. Really, if you insert the name of a vehicle the sentence makes sense.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Some people also say frog strangler. It means really heavy rain lol
Yep, frog strangler in Georgia, but then it's our favored amphibian for such sayings, like saying the CB1100 is so good it's finer than frog hair split three ways.
 
Probably Appalachian in origin
 
Not to split hairs :D and i'm not a biologist, but I think of Toads as being non-amphibious and Frogs as being amphibious. In which case Ferrets saying makes sense.
 
The southern take on this is the irony that a mostly aquatic creature would be "strangled" by the element in which it has the most comfort. Of course, both start out as tadpoles.
 
We honeymooned in Maine and kind of loved the fact that we 'had' to eat lobster every day. Had my first fish taco in San Diego and it still ranks as the best fast food I have ever eaten. What all this has to do with riding in Massachusetts is beyond me, but remember that I was the one pushing for a "Road Food" discussion area a while back. Oh, and I like frog legs, too, if that helps to tie some of thes conversations together. LOL
 
"What all this has to do with riding in Massachusets is beyond me"


Says the guy who talked about drinking Martinis in a thread about replacing an engine case .... Lol
 
Lol, did anyone ever answer the persons question. My only experience with removing a left hand Honda cover was on my CB360, so I didn't feel qualified to answer on CB1100 covers. Lobster after a Martini sounds good though. Our winter fare is Bay Scallops ! Better than Lobster, cept ya cant getem in the summa
 
The ferret_imp said:
"What all this has to do with riding in Massachusets is beyond me"


Says the guy who talked about drinking Martinis in a thread about replacing an engine case .... Lol
I'll explain the circuitous route my mind took to come up with remark in person, if I still remember it by that point. Suffice it to say that I edited my post in the New Members area asking folks to ignore it. LOL
 
Back
Top