Stupid slide!

pericleromano_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Unfortunately due to a stupid slide at very low speed (a large oil patch on the asphalt) I got 9 fractured ribs and broke my CB1100EX (it was like new).
The cover meters was destroyed (especially the white inner part) which is not sold as a spare.
The left exhaust was scratched.
Anyone have experience with AliExpress cover meters?

Does anyone who has fitted the 4 into 1 exhaust have the left stock exhaust to sell?
Many thanks
Regards
 
Can't help you with the bike parts and can only wish you a fast healing of your people parts. Good luck.
 
I'm also sorry to hear of your spill, pericleromano. I hope you recover quickly. Oh, and the bike too.
 
the meter is 3 primary parts (front cover with windows, white plastic shell with electronics inside, and black plastic rear cover). there are also the 2 metal covers for the meters and metal bracket that holds it to the fork. the disassembly is not complicated and is easier if you remove the 2 bolts holding the front headlight on.

the only part that is relatively expensive (and resets the odometer) is the white one... its about $900. can you repair the key parts (eg the central screw bosses) with epoxy or is it totally destroyed? do your gauges work?
 
I would bite the bullet and get everything new , bracket, covers, inside guts etc. Also would go with all Honda parts.
 
Thread starter
The black shells are good and the gauges work.
The white plastic is heavy damage.
The black shells are open (a little) and I can see many pieces of white plastic.

Now I cannot touch my CB for assurance practise.
In any case if the AliExpress's white plastic is good, I would like to buy it for anticipate the time....
 
I wonder how easy it is to get parts like that from the USA to Italy at this time of COVID. It seems impossible to get things down under.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I wonder how easy it is to get parts like that from the USA to Italy at this time of COVID. It seems impossible to get things down under.
I mailed a letter... just a letter for my Mom-in-Law from California to Greece and it took over a month.
 
I would definitely try to repair your meter assembly before replacing it. I repaired my meter assembly using Guerrilla Glue, a clamp and a soldering iron:
ec6cc13a6abe14adb154d47c8eb61168.jpg


236fa7052bbaff6cade1f77536ba9fb8.jpg

Looks and functions just like new:

94cdc54791f20b52f442e82f727899d4.jpg


Good luck and heal up soon!
 
suhawk305_imp said:
I would definitely try to repair your meter assembly before replacing it. I repaired my meter assembly using Guerrilla Glue, a clamp and a soldering iron:
ec6cc13a6abe14adb154d47c8eb61168.jpg


236fa7052bbaff6cade1f77536ba9fb8.jpg

Looks and functions just like new:

94cdc54791f20b52f442e82f727899d4.jpg


Good luck and heal up soon!
That's good info for a fix that hopefully nobody else here will face, but good to know it can be done in case.
 
Back
Top