Strength to tighten the spark plugs.

syncronizator_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
What strength/force should I use to tighten the spark plugs in my CB1100EX 2014 ?
I don't have Service Manual.
Can anyone help me and check in SM ?
How many newton*meters ?
Is it described in the service manual?
 
16 Nm. That from the service manual. Or 12 foot pounds.
 
Thread starter
Many thanks :)
Thank You for the fast response.
Where did you buy the service manual?
Is there a common version for all models?
Is there a different version to my CB1100EX than up to 2013 (5 gears)?
I have to buy it.
I don't think it is available in Europe.
 
Cormanus is correct. Helm is the official supplier of the service manual. Even if you get one at the dealer, it comes from Helm.

Our overseas members say the shipping is expensive and makes the total manual price pretty high.

There are some knock-offs out there, but I can’t speak to that.
 
If you know what you’re doing and want to work on your own bike, why wouldn’t you pay the money and get the real deal? It would repay the investment in pretty short order I’d have thought.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I think Helm maybe the only place to get an original https://www.helminc.com/helm/produc...amp;Style=helm&Sku=61MGC02&itemtype=N. You may find a knock off on eBay.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus is correct. Helm is the official supplier of the service manual. Even if you get one at the dealer, it comes from Helm.

Our overseas members say the shipping is expensive and makes the total manual price pretty high.

There are some knock-offs out there, but I can’t speak to that.
Cormanus_imp said:
If you know what you’re doing and want to work on your own bike, why wouldn’t you pay the money and get the real deal? It would repay the investment in pretty short order I’d have thought.
As Cormanus and Popgun said, be aware of shipping co$$$t

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=honda cb1100 service manual&ssPageName=GSTL

and this below (just corrected) seems to be a decent deal, including shipping, looks like total U$80, but check!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-HONDA...877493?hash=item1a8b19dc35:g:AC0AAOSw-~td6Y8m
 
Thread starter
I agree Cormanus.

62 $ + delivery is a low price for knowledge that will avoid expensive mistakes.
Thank you for the info :)
Any way ......what a surprise - shipping 1 book outside US cost x6 price of "the book".

Order Summary
Subtotal: $62.95
Handling: $39.95
Shipping: $364.02
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $466.92

Do not understand !!! ? !! ?
So ebay is better and cheaper :)
 
syncronizator_imp said:
I agree Cormanus.

62 $ + delivery is a low price for knowledge that will avoid expensive mistakes.
Thank you for the info :)
Any way ......what a surprise - shipping 1 book outside US cost x6 price of "the book".

Order Summary
Subtotal: $62.95
Handling: $39.95
Shipping: $364.02
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $466.92

Do not understand !!! ? !! ?
So ebay is better and cheaper :)
:rofl:
 
syncronizator_imp said:
I agree Cormanus.

62 $ + delivery is a low price for knowledge that will avoid expensive mistakes.
Thank you for the info :)
Any way ......what a surprise - shipping 1 book outside US cost x6 price of "the book".

Order Summary
Subtotal: $62.95
Handling: $39.95
Shipping: $364.02
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $466.92

Do not understand !!! ? !! ?
So ebay is better and cheaper :)
check this link.....shipping as per link U$20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-HONDA...877493?hash=item1a8b19dc35:g:AC0AAOSw-~td6Y8m
 
That’s an outrageous price! It’s more than $260 to get it posted to Australia. Someone is surely having a lend.

It has a Honda-style part number. I wonder what a dealer would charge?
 
Thread starter
It would be very simple: I order the Helm manual , now covering all models from 2013 to 2017 ; have it send to my home in Asheville NC and than mail it onto you in Poland. No handling fees and I can let you know what the mailing cost would be. After you get the manual you can pay me with Pay Pal if that is available to you .
 
Thread starter
Very good idea. Many thanks for doing a favor.
I have to arrange pay pal acount first. Do not have it yet.
I think that the best situation is when You receive a money before You mail SM to me and after knowing a mail cost.
 
I just ordered the 2013-2017 OEM manual for you and as soon as it arrives I will go to post office to get the cheapest price of sending it to you.
You could always use a friends Pay Pal account if you do not want to set one up but they are VERY useful for buying things from abroad.
Manuals are a MUST for working and under standing your bike.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I just ordered the 2013-2017 OEM manual for you and as soon as it arrives I will go to post office to get the cheapest price of sending it to you.
You could always use a friends Pay Pal account if you do not want to set one up but they are VERY useful for buying things from abroad.
Manuals are a MUST for working and under standing your bike.

Thank you very much :)
I have just registered for pay pal.
Now I have to learn how to use it.
I am sending You my email via PM for easier exchange of shipment details and Pay pal account number etc.
 
syncronizator_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I just ordered the 2013-2017 OEM manual for you and as soon as it arrives I will go to post office to get the cheapest price of sending it to you.
You could always use a friends Pay Pal account if you do not want to set one up but they are VERY useful for buying things from abroad.
Manuals are a MUST for working and under standing your bike.

Thank you very much :)
I have just registered for pay pal.
Now I have to learn how to use it.
I am sending You my email via PM for easier exchange of shipment details and Pay pal account number etc.

Thank you very much :)
I have just registered for pay pal.
Now I have to learn how to use it.
I am sending You my email via PM for easier exchange of shipment details and Pay pal account number etc. I just send you a PM , do not worry about payment till you get the manual.
 
Hi Pawel , I received the manual today and went to the Post Office for the cheapest mailing.
The postage would be $ 73.40 to Poland . I will send you a PM.
 
Back
Top